Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 89 of 89
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    You're changing the topic. Dropping calls is a condition of where you live, the cell provider, and the phone. As a 10 year user of Sprint, I am used to everyone insulting Sprint coverage.

    My point is half added features with "gotchas" are a lot more annoying than knowing they are not there. Pre is chock full of this sort of stuff because they wanted to say "oh we have copy paste" but in reality you have a crippled one.

    For example, say you really like a physical keyboard. I bet you wouldn't be happy to find out the Pre had a keyboard, but oops, you can't type any special characters (lol, well you can't in the web browser!) or capital letters? Why? Uh, because we all expect a certain level of functionality.
    I sure wish your mom would come upstairs and tell you to go to bed.
  2. #82  
    Originally Posted by searchable :
    Its not about missing features, its polishing what you have -- specifically incomplete basic apps/functions. I dont care if copy paste is missing, I do care about that the Pre did copy and paste only for EDITABLE text. If you can't add a feature with normal level of functionality, then do as Apple did and just don't add it!
    Personally, the things I want to copy and paste are usually from my own documents and not from the web. That may change now that I will think about other options more. Thanks to Evernote, I'm able to paste my documents or web pages into Evernote and access them on my mobile phone in an editable version. I also have DTG in classic, but I don't end up needing DTG when I can use Evernote from the regular WebOS platform.

    As I learn more things are possible, I'll probably want to try them. But since I never used them initially, I won't miss them now. I think most people who use copy and paste want to copy and paste from their own notes, contacts, memos, etc and those items can be edited and copied into e-mails or other documents.

    Thus I, like many other Pre owners, prefer the Pre's ability to copy and paste as opposed to the no copy and paste function that you would like and in fact choose.

    To each his own, which is why we own the Pre and you prefer your iPhone. The iPhone has the options you think are most important and the Pre has the options we prefer. Rock on with your iPhone, but don't presume to know what should make a Pre owner happy with their phone. Nor presume on what we'd consider a crippled application.

    Having a wealth of my own ideas and knowledge, it hadn't dawned on me to copy other peoples ideas from the web and incorporate them into my own. But Pre owner's tend to have integrity and don't need to borrow ideas w/o proper credit.

    Now that I've gotten my proper bash and funny out for the day, accept the joke, but note the advice.
  3. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    The only thing on this board FULL of anything are you. Oh, and your fanboy buddy Urkel.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I sure wish your mom would come upstairs and tell you to go to bed.
    There you go. Rather than participating in a discussion about a PRODUCT you instead go and make it about the people. The thread is clearly marked to be about a product that angers you so I'm curious why you feel the need to jump in just to sling the "fanboy" accusations towards longtime Sprint users and Pre owners. There just doesn't seem to be any logic in your choice of arguments.
  4. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    You're changing the topic. Dropping calls is a condition of where you live, the cell provider, and the phone. As a 10 year user of Sprint, I am used to everyone insulting Sprint coverage.

    My point is half added features with "gotchas" are a lot more annoying than knowing they are not there. Pre is chock full of this sort of stuff because they wanted to say "oh we have copy paste" but in reality you have a crippled one.

    For example, say you really like a physical keyboard. I bet you wouldn't be happy to find out the Pre had a keyboard, but oops, you can't type any special characters (lol, well you can't in the web browser!) or capital letters? Why? Uh, because we all expect a certain level of functionality.
    LOL! Darlin', I'm not changing the argument. YOU'VE forgotten your original premise. I just had fun dissecting the downward slope of your argument. I do that by habit. Sorry, it comes naturally having posted far too often on political boards and stock boards.

    So now, let's see, what was your original premise? Oh yeah, I COPIED IT and am now PASTING it here :

    "I think you missed the prior points. When iPhone came out, it was a significant change in direction for the smart phone. Regardless of the bugs, or missing functionality, the new system to many was such great step that the bugs / functionality was acceptable."

    Eh? Ring a bell? Soooooooo, now back to the new direction, do I really need to make my initial points over again?
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    There you go. Rather than participating in a discussion about a PRODUCT you instead go and make it about the people. The thread is clearly marked to be about a product that angers you so I'm curious why you feel the need to jump in just to sling the "fanboy" accusations towards longtime Sprint users and Pre owners. There just doesn't seem to be any logic in your choice of arguments.
    You are very funny.
  6. #86  
    Why don't people understand that choice/competition is the best for us consumers. Apple and Palm would love nothing more than to be the only show in town but that would be a disaster for consumers.

    I welcome new products from all the companies out there that will put pressure on Palm to continue to develop/step up their game and so should all other Pre owners.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  7. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    What Palm, actually Rubenstein did in 15 months is a freakin' miracle. Although from a customer's perspective this may not mean much, but I think knowing the story behind the development tells you a lot. If they could accomplish a smart phone that is actually a contender is so little time, just imagine what will unfold in the next few months.
    I agree that Rubenstein really managed to lead an incredible project in a limited amount of time. But I think his involvement with both the iPhone and Pre is exactly why the negativity people have towards comparisons shouldn't exist. These are "sibling' products that may do some things differently but do most things the same. And this may be viewed as a good or bad thing, but in those differences it's kinda cool that the Pre is a product created without the restrictions of Steve Jobs.

    Anyway, if you buy into the "sibling" product idea then you should understand the negativity towards the parts of the Pre that fell shot. Anyone developing a smartphone in 2009, especially rubenstein, have a clearer idea of what this device should do out of the box. Excuses can be made for the unique features, but when it comes to the basics and the little things then there is no excuse to omit a solution that was figured out years ago.

    Saying that isnt an attack on palm, it's just consumer opinions in an industry where the bar has been raised higher than ever. Complaints and expectations are a good thing.
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/24/2009 at 09:04 AM.
  8. #88  
    The fact that the Palm Pre 1.0 is ahead of iPhone 1.0 when it first came out is enough to convince me to buy the Pre. I've been a Sprint customer for 11 yrs but I wanted to make sure it was a wise purchase and so far it has not disappointed me. I know it will take time to fix the kinks and improve on an already great platform.
  9. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    The fact that the Palm Pre 1.0 is ahead of iPhone 1.0 when it first came out is enough to convince me to buy the Pre. I've been a Sprint customer for 11 yrs but I wanted to make sure it was a wise purchase and so far it has not disappointed me. I know it will take time to fix the kinks and improve on an already great platform.
    Thats the thing.. its not really ahead of iPhone 1.0 (which is a 2 year old product). It depends on how you're comparing iPhone 1.0 to Pre 1.0. The first and almost most important comparison to me, and where the Pre is behind on iPhone 1.0, is the performance and usability. The first iPhone had better performance (scrolling etc), touch screen sensitivity, and web browser (the issues with the web browser are probably mostly related to touch screen sensitivity). Pre 1.0 has a different OS than iPhone 1.0, one which I'd call better, but others may disagree with us on that one.

    Im not bashing the Pre at all, just disappointed (as im sick on the iPhone experience since I've had it since launch day).
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions