Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    How much nicer would it be if we could use the scroll ball in certain situations. Like I misspelled a word, I could rol back to it and not have to try and tap the right area or do that funky "Hold the orange buttle and touch the screen". How do that even work? You drag your finger to the side of the screen and the scroll position has only come 10 characters over. iPhone and there magnifying glass does a great job there.

    But for the ball:
    Scrolling through emails.
    Paging down on a web page
    etc..
  2. #2  
    what scroll "ball" are you talking about?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    what scroll "ball" are you talking about?
    That is what I was wondering.
  4. #4  
    I think he/she is talking about the center button on the pre. This is not a scroll ball. Just a button.

    - Garrett
  5. #5  
    Yeah, it doesn't move in any direction. You can only press it in.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dnstommy View Post
    How much nicer would it be if we could use the scroll ball in certain situations. Like I misspelled a word, I could rol back to it and not have to try and tap the right area or do that funky "Hold the orange buttle and touch the screen". How do that even work? You drag your finger to the side of the screen and the scroll position has only come 10 characters over. iPhone and there magnifying glass does a great job there.

    But for the ball:
    Scrolling through emails.
    Paging down on a web page
    etc..
    You fail.....at life.
  7. #7  
    Maybe on Pre 2, with a bit of luck.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by oboroninja View Post
    You fail.....at life.
    +1


    Wait, he is gonna come back with I was just playing...if that's the case +2
  9. #9  
    You guys are harsh. I thought I was harsh.

    Maybe the next update will enable the thermo-electric transduction sensor under the center button????? It also doubles as a biometric fingerprint scanner.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  10. #10  
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #11  
    damnit palm...why on earth would you give us a non-functional scroll ball?!
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  12. #12  
    palm when you get a chance could you get the IR beam on the right side working? and why how do i charge this thing anyways????


    Common admit the usb door kinda looks like the old IR window, right?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    You guys are harsh. I thought I was harsh.

    Maybe the next update will enable the thermo-electric transduction sensor under the center button????? It also doubles as a biometric fingerprint scanner.
    Could be worse, they could update it to be a wireless version of "The Button" thereby giving any schmoe with $300 and a Sprint subscription a convenient way to end the world.

    Although that would finally solve the question of which was better the iPhone or the Pre. "Your button only closes the current application and lets you choose another one? Lame. Watch what my Button does!!"
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    palm when you get a chance could you get the IR beam on the right side working? and why how do i charge this thing anyways????

    Common admit the usb door kinda looks like the old IR window, right?
    That's the IR window? I thought it was the camera convenience button, so you could snap off photo's like it was a regular digital camera. No wonder mine wasn't working when I pressed it.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Common admit the usb door kinda looks like the old IR window, right?
    Yes, it does remind me of that.

    And I don't think the button is touch-sensitive. Touching it doesn't make any lights go on or anything. (Touching the area around it makes the lights light, but not if you touch only the button itself.) The button does need to be made to be programmable, though. And to light up as an alert that you have alerts when the screen is off.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Yes, it does remind me of that.
    Man i found that thing useless...everytime i tried to use it on the centro FAIL.
  17. #17  
    HAHA oh the hours of endless entertainment reading these forums in the middle of the night...thanks for the laughs!!!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Man i found that thing useless...everytime i tried to use it on the centro FAIL.
    I never used it on my Centro, as I had no use for it, but with previous Palms I used it a few times (but very rarely). I think I sent an app to another person's Palm once with it. And I think I used it a few times with my old laptop that had IR built in to sync it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Yes, it does remind me of that.

    And I don't think the button is touch-sensitive. Touching it doesn't make any lights go on or anything. (Touching the area around it makes the lights light, but not if you touch only the button itself.) The button does need to be made to be programmable, though. And to light up as an alert that you have alerts when the screen is off.
    sucks too cause if they didn't think of that ahead of time our only choice is gonna be a white lite...I want red for VM, Green for txt and Yellow for my calander....
  20. #20  
    Yeah, colors would've been really great! I'd want blue for e-mail, white for voicemail, red for text, and I guess green for calendar/tasks.

Posting Permissions