1.    #1  
    So on the iphone when you tapped on a field for data entry in safari it does a smart auto zoom so you can see what you are typing

The pre doesn't , is this a bug or missing feature? Its really convenient especially with a screen size like the pres

Also the double tap to zoom is flaky on the pre and it zooms in on the wrong part sometimes

In addition on an unrelated note

Setting notifications off for an email account doesn't work I still get them
    I completely agree! Even as I am writing this post I wish the screen would zoom to the box!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Same thing here.
  4.    #4  
    Makes me wonder if this was one of those patents apple has on touch.

I hope not cause with a screen this size it really sucks
    Agreed. The mobile browser needs a lot of work.

One thing on the double tap it is a little flaky but if you keep in mind that the text / pic you tap on is what is going to fill the screen and you make sure to not tap near the edges of said item it works a lot better. The iphone was a bit better at trying to figure out what you wanted but that was a double edge sword as I can't tell you the number of times I got pissed at it for opening a link I didn't want to visit.
    Agreed. The mobile browser needs a lot of work.

One thing on the double tap it is a little flaky but if you keep in mind that the text / pic you tap on is what is going to fill the screen and you make sure to not tap near the edges of said item it works a lot better. The iphone was a bit better at trying to figure out what you wanted but that was a double edge sword as I can't tell you the number of times I got pissed at it for opening a link I didn't want to visit.
    I would say lack of feature. But it really isnt that hard to pinch zoom in, snag the field, then zoom out, it takes me 3 seconds max.

So its a lack of feature, imo not a very good feature that I would see myself using
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I would say lack of feature. But it really isnt that hard to pinch zoom in, snag the field, then zoom out, it takes me 3 seconds max.

So its a lack of feature, imo not a very good feature that I would see myself using

The pre also wont make your breakfast fyi
    Are you insane? That feature rocked the house on iphone. Sure I can zoom in manually but why? Its a automatic zoom for filling in your password and such

Suoer useful and I use it all the time on iphone (aka itouch now)

Adding to that the fact that zooming is flaky on thw pre And lets be real the touch screen is not as accurate on this as iphone it makes it all the more important
    I guess its like many "Must haves" in life, if you dont know it existed and never tried it, you manage without it.

So yeah, I just manually pinch zoom in on things I want to click rapidly without even thinking about it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I guess its like many "Must haves" in life, if you dont know it existed and never tried it, you manage without it.

So yeah, I just manually pinch zoom in on things I want to click rapidly without even thinking about it.
    Understood.

Coming from iphone I guess I just expect and want some of the things I came to know as standard.

I love the pre just hope I get some of these in an update