Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. enjoyingsilence
    I've read across the forums there different box colors for the Pre.. some grey, some the standard box you get when you first bought it, some yellow.

Can someone please post information on the box colors/designations, and their purpose?
    My first one (whose screen cracked) was in the box I got when I first got it.

The replacement one was also in the box I got when I first got it.
  3. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    My first one (whose screen cracked) was in the box I got when I first got it.

The replacement one was also in the box I got when I first got it.
    This box?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    This box?
    No, I have the box sitting here on my desk.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    Were they both in that box pictured above tho? The same "style" box?

or a different style box?
    That's the one I got on 6/6, no issues whatsoever.
    mine was yellow (sprint store 6/16)
    Mine came in a box with a yellow sleeve. Purchased 6/19.
    The yellow sleeve should have ver 1.0.2 installed, mine had the black sleeve with ver 1.0.1 installed with no issues since 6/6
    haha
  11. enjoyingsilence
    The point of this thread is to organize the reason for different coloured sleeves or boxes.

Why are there yellow sleeves, black sleeves, boxes (as pictured above), grey boxes, etc?
    I've got both...they have different color inserts as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    The point of this thread is to organize the reason for different coloured sleeves or boxes.

Why are there yellow sleeves, black sleeves, boxes (as pictured above), grey boxes, etc?
    Black sleeves were launch day, yellow seem to be follow up...gray that i saw was a refurb at the store. It did have black stripes as well...
  14. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Black sleeves were launch day, yellow seem to be follow up...gray that i saw was a refurb at the store. It did have black stripes as well...
    You sir, get a cookie.

I didn't see the information posted, and I figured other people might be curious, NOW, or in the future

edit: you get a homebrew, pre cookie haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'll take my cookie with some milk thank you...And I will 1 up it
    Nope, I got a yellow sleeve on launch day as well.

There was another thread about this, but black sleeves were 1.0.1 originally, and yellow sleeves were 1.0.2 originally.

My yellow sleeve 1.0.2 (well, now 1.0.3) has been working perfectly.
  17. enjoyingsilence
    Ah so that's the difference. I assumed the other coloured boxes would be slimlined, like the refurb / refreshed / replacement iPhone boxes Apple gives out.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

There was another thread about this, but black sleeves were 1.0.1 originally, and yellow sleeves were 1.0.2 originally.

Well, those dates are right because thats when i received them, and by your own post you seem to hint that black sleeves had to be update but yellow not. Perhaps they were built and boxed first?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Well, those dates are right because thats when i received them, and by your own post you seem to hint that black sleeves had to be update but yellow not. Perhaps they were built and boxed first?
    I wasn't referring to you being wrong. Someone above you said that all launch Pres were the black box which is incorrect. There were some of both at launch, just different manufacturing dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I can confirm this. We bought 2 on launch day at about 9:00 am. One yellow, one black. As far as I can tell, the only difference was the yellow (my wife's) was already updated to 1.0.2. Jury is still out on build quality. Her's (yellow) has developed a small ridge on the slider, like the two sections are sliding to one side. At this point I attribute that to device abuse, a talent she seems to have with many things. She's just hard on stuff.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast