1.    #1  
    So I don't recall any of my other phone's speakers having a magnetic pull like the pre does, can anyone else confirm that it is awfully magnetic? I tested to see if my centro does it, but its outta juice and i lost the charger... I know that speakers have magnets in them, just didn't know it would be this powerful. I just set it on the table and had 2 bobby pins stuck to it when i went to answer a call....
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    what the hell are you doing with bobby pins in the first place?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Touchstone?
  4.    #4  
    the girl seems to think the more she leaves laying around the house, the easier it will be to find one when she needs one....my vacuum disagrees
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwest1975 View Post
    Touchstone?
    negatron
    The stronger the magnet, the louder the speaker is able to be without distortion.

What phone is louder: The Pre or the Centro?
  7.    #7  
    Pre. But in fairness my centros speakers were never the same after an incident with a program that increased the volume past palms original settings....
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I hear ya...those things get all over the house. But yeah, the speaker definitely seems more magnetic than my previous phones. I don't have a touchstone, but this would probably make it even worse.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Pre.
    You probably just figured it out then.

And your speaker was probably never the same because you pushed it beyond it's maximum limit.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    You probably just figured it out then.

And your speaker was probably never the same because you pushed it beyond it's maximum limit.
    hell yeah i did, and playing that Ztrip song loud enough for the whole party to dance was well worth it...at least until the beer wore off anyways
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    uh oh, does this mean I shouldn't place the pre on top of my wallet? could it be strong enough to mess up my credit cards?
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  12. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    uh oh, does this mean I shouldn't place the pre on top of my wallet? could it be strong enough to mess up my credit cards?
    i doubt it. if you're that worried. go to a hotel. and ask the front desk to run a demo key for you. sit the phone near it, by it, on top of it, etc a few times. and then ask the front desk agent to swipe it in their machine again to see if it's still valid. i seriously doubt they'll have a problem with it, as long as you don't ask for a room number. they can run dummy cards, and re use it when you're done.

hotel keys use the same magnetic strips as your normal debit/credit (with the exception of american express cards.. those lil suckers are durable, lol).
    Damn that lil sucker is strong. I used a bottle cap instead of bobby pins and it stuck right to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    i doubt it. if you're that worried. go to a hotel. and ask the front desk to run a demo key for you. sit the phone near it, by it, on top of it, etc a few times. and then ask the front desk agent to swipe it in their machine again to see if it's still valid. i seriously doubt they'll have a problem with it, as long as you don't ask for a room number. they can run dummy cards, and re use it when you're done.

hotel keys use the same magnetic strips as your normal debit/credit (with the exception of american express cards.. those lil suckers are durable, lol).
    Hotel card keys are not NEARLY as strong as creditcards. Meaning they are WAY easier to erase.