Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Has anyone else's phone completely ignored the 1.0.3 update? I've never received any notice, and when I run the Updates app, I always get the error "Unable to connect. Try again later." I recharge the phone nightly.

Are they gradually rolling out the update, or is something wrong with my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Has anyone else's phone completely ignored the 1.0.3 update? I've never received any notice, and when I run the Updates app, I always get the error "Unable to connect. Try again later." I recharge the phone nightly.

Are they gradually rolling out the update, or is something wrong with my phone?
    Can you connect to the Apps store?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Have you rebooted your phone? I had this happen once and that fixed the problem. Just hold Orange>Sym>R
    I have 2 pre's... One updated right away, no problem.

The other however, still gets the 'unable to connect' error and is stuck on 1.0.2
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Can you connect to the Apps store?
    Yes, no problem.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brotato View Post
    Have you rebooted your phone? I had this happen once and that fixed the problem. Just hold Orange>Sym>R
    Thanks. Cool trick, but it didn't help. Thx!
    don't worry too much, palm is forcing updates. I bet your phone has 1.0.3 next week even if you don't want it to
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    don't worry too much, palm is forcing updates. I bet your phone has 1.0.3 next week even if you don't want it to
    You're subscribing to the roll-out theory. The bug theory is still possible.

I'm not sure whether to hope you're right. I don't want to have to worry about timing out again in a week or two to finally address the problem.
    true, give palm a call they have been pretty helpful to other people if you are really worried about it....or maybe you use classic and your the envy of more than a few people on here??
    Does your profile show as being verified on that phone without the update? My wifes was having this issue and I had the verification email resent and it fixed the problem.
    by rebooting the phone will it delete all photos and contacts?
    No, a normal reboot will not remove your photo or contacts. Are you trying to download 1.0.3 over Wifi or Evdo, I think you can only download using Wifi and Evdo will download slowly over time.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Does your profile show as being verified on that phone without the update? My wifes was having this issue and I had the verification email resent and it fixed the problem.
    Thanks, more searching revealed another thread on the subject, "Updates Not Working."

My phone shows that the profile is not verified, while the web shows that it is verified. An attempt to have the verification email resent did nothing, and clicking on the verification link in the original verification email yielded a link-expired message. I'm not sure what other options I have.
    Call Palm or Sprint or both!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I finally got this resolved. It turns out that the solution was to turn off WiFi and download the webOS update off of EVDO. However, before we realized this, we had done a hard reset on the phone, so I can't rule out that this helped.

Actually, the Sprint rep explained that the Pre must login to the Palm Profile via the Sprint network and could not do it on WiFi. This is why the Pre reported the Profile as unverified. However, after having logged in that way, you could supposedly switch over to WiFi to do the webOS download. webOS 1.0.3 auto-downloaded for me, so I couldn't test switching WiFi back on for the download.

This might explain why we're getting inconsistent results.