1.    #1  
    I am wondering if anyone has been able to download a jpeg from a site. I have a few 320x480 images hosted on a site, and I can see them, but can't download on Pre to use as background.

Currently I'm just taking screenshot, but obviously the problem is that I see the top bar and "back" arrow on the pic.

May be my only option is get it on PC, and then transfer to phone
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Great question.....also the copy paste function doesn't work on info on the web, you can't highlight and select
    This is a big hole, see points 1 and 2 here:
    pre dev wiki: Development & Tweak Ideas
    Yea this really bugs me because you see the refresh and back buttons when you set it as a background. You can't zoom in/format screenshots that you want as a screensaver either like you can for other pics.
    Downloading and uploading has been my number one gripe so far about this phone.
  6.    #6  
    Ah yes mdmogren, I should've read that. I'll be praying for Palm gods to bless us with that functionality ( and no, it's not a feature, Palm; it's a missing function :/ )
    Yes, you can capture a screen shot of anything on the screen including pictures but there's one problem, it will capture everything clock, battery level, quick launch bar,etc. So for now it you want pictures without having to zoom in or out to try to hide that stuff, I recommend emailing it to the phone. The way to copy the screen, push the orange button,shift and P at the same time.
    haven't been able to cut and paste as well
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyolsen View Post
    haven't been able to cut and paste as well
    Cut and Paste isn't suppose to work on text/images in Web site anyways. It works in forms of a page (username etc.). And cut/paste works well in other apps (memo, email, etc.)
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by divyamistry View Post
    Cut and Paste isn't suppose to work on text/images in Web site anyways. It works in forms of a page (username etc.). And cut/paste works well in other apps (memo, email, etc.)
    You can't cut/paste from existing email. You first have to do a reply and then you can copy from it. I wished you can copy from the calendar also.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    You can't cut/paste from existing email. You first have to do a reply and then you can copy from it. I wished you can copy from the calendar also.
    Ah yes. I should've said cut/copy/paste works from "editable" fields That would have been much more appropriate