Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    i dont get these threads. maybe im being arrogant here but my device is flawless and has been since launch. no overheating, battery is meh but i can live with it, no gaps, no wiggle in the kb(yet) and no crashing. no screen cracks, no memory messages.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    i dont get these threads. maybe im being arrogant here but my device is flawless and has been since launch. no overheating, battery is meh but i can live with it, no gaps, no wiggle in the kb(yet) and no crashing. no screen cracks, no memory messages.

Well then i guess you are one on the lucky few arnt you?
    I just got off the phone with a palm rep and she told me that they are not supposed to twist "oreo" in any way and they are not supposed to have any gaps. I mostly called for my own piece of mind so i can tell them that at sprint tomorrow when they tell me its supposed to do that.
    I called earlier:
    Second unit
    Bad keyboard backlight
    Oreo twisting
    Numerous dead pixels
    Poor charging at times

I got transferred once, and that guy told me a level 3 engineer will call me within 48 hours to setup an exchange (free).

Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Treobk214 wrote in theiphoneblog.com:

"So no pro-apple posts are allowed in an iphone bashing thread? This is getting even better. "

Dude, why don't you go back to the iPhone blog forums and keep sticking up for the iPhone. It's pretty clear where your allegiances are!!! And take your buddy iPhoneOverPre with you. They already thanked you 53 times for bashing the Pre. Fail 100% iPhone Fanboi
    Remember that line from the movie Sixth Sense where the kids says, "I see trolls, only they don't know that they're trolls".

Yeah, something like that.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    well if your getting it sent in the mail you might have the same problems. If its at the store then you can at least check it before you change over to a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.wolfe77 View Post
    Well then i guess you are one on the lucky few arnt you?
    I just got off the phone with a palm rep and she told me that they are not supposed to twist "oreo" in any way and they are not supposed to have any gaps. I mostly called for my own piece of mind so i can tell them that at sprint tomorrow when they tell me its supposed to do that.
    Lucky few? Seriously?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ok well maybe im part of the unlucky few. I just keep reading of the same problems from allot of people.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by banster24 View Post
    My wobbily screen freaks me out evertime i open slider, like of it is going to fall off track I also noticed that because of the slight gap I have now inherited a dust particle behind the screen I wipe and wipe and it is still there laughing at me Talk about ocd.
    OMG no. Do not talk about dust. The BB Storm had major dust issues and THAT is something I cannot deal with. If the Pre is also susceptible to dust, that's going to be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    I love my Pre. I have had zero problems with it. And I use the phone constantly, sliding the keyboard in and out countless times per day...

You do know there's a place on the phone where you can count how many times youve slid open the phone.

I guess we can call it the WOSS Slide Count
    (WEB OS SOFTWARE) slide count, as I refuse to say "there's an app for that."

Oh yea, and I've had no hardware problems with my phone, and I got mine 3 days after launch.

Has anyone who has returned their phones gone somewhere else for a replacement? I wonder if the same lots are going to the same stores, therefore users are getting bad phones out of the same batch.
    well if your getting it sent in the mail you might have the same problems. If its at the store then you can at least check it before you change over to a new one.
    Well, if you go back up a level you'll note that there are currently 1100 people viewing this forum. If you extract out the iPhone fanboys and other such trolls, that leaves about 200 [wink] people on here at any given time that actually own the phone, and only a percentage of those are posting with problems.

/sarcasm
    i like mine
    Quote Originally Posted by ebnykween View Post
    You do know there's a place on the phone where you can count how many times youve slid open the phone.

I guess we can call it the WOSS Slide Count
    (WEB OS SOFTWARE) slide count, as I refuse to say "there's an app for that."

Oh yea, and I've had no hardware problems with my phone, and I got mine 3 days after launch.

Has anyone who has returned their phones gone somewhere else for a replacement? I wonder if the same lots are going to the same stores, therefore users are getting bad phones out of the same batch.
    I got my first and second about 30 miles apart. My first one was great aside from a weird wi-fi signal issue (and a few stuck pixels, but no obnoxiously bright ones).

Third one will be from Palm (and inspected before shipping.)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    is there something that actually tells you if they own the phone on here?
    is there something that actually tells you if they own the phone on here?
    Demeanor.

No, there's not. Just being a smartazz.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    20 people with issues *****ing 24/7 on the most popular pre board does not a major manufacturing defect of the pre make...did i say that right? well you get the idea.

imethos out!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Wow. Even the WSJ is proudly displaying bias against the pre all over the front page of its news editions. As if no one is going to suspect them.

Newsweek, sports illustrated, CNN, hell, even the snoopy comic strip is proudly displaying bias against the pre!!! Just amazing!!!

How hurtful!!! How obvious is the intent to deceive, to cause mayhem and mass hysteria!!!!

Oh, horror!!!! THE HORROR!!

I just can't take it anymore... all this bias against the pre!!!

Let's frickin revolt!!!

LOL.

Can you blame anyone for displaying some bias towards the pre? It's no wonder Palm didn't want people even touching the device till it's release, with the cheap quality and lack of fully developed features in the apps. Granted this phone is a 1.0 device so the os will mature over time, but still the build quality / quality control on the early shipments are almost unforgivable. Almost because other devices have had their launch / quality control issues too. Such as X-box 360's, etc. Once they get their butts in gear things will be better
    Last edited by Ben7seven7; 06/23/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Treobk214 wrote in theiphoneblog.com:

"So no pro-apple posts are allowed in an iphone bashing thread? This is getting even better. "

Dude, why don't you go back to the iPhone blog forums and keep sticking up for the iPhone. It's pretty clear where your allegiances are!!! And take your buddy iPhoneOverPre with you. They already thanked you 53 times for bashing the Pre. Fail 100% iPhone Fanboi

In all fairness the iPhone's build quality from Day 1 was 10 times better than the Palm Pre. Granted they didn't have a slider to deal with. So build quality wise, iPhone Kills Pre in every way shape and form Possible. Third party apps aside, the Palm Pre's WebOS with it's powerful multitasking and and syncing, has the potential to rock over the iPhone OS when it matures over the next year or two, but until that happens, I'd say iPhone OS 3.0 has the edge for now. Palm Pre wins it though on Sprints better cell service, call quality and 3G coverage, over AT&T's.
    Last edited by Ben7seven7; 06/23/2009 at 10:15 PM.
    I know how you feel. I loved the OS but returned the device last week as the keyboard stopped working altogether. I would still like to write WebOS apps (using a simulator) when the SDK comes out..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    In all fairness the iPhone's build quality from Day 1 was 10 times better than the Palm Pre.
    TOTALLY BOGUS CLAIM. There were and continue to be hundreds of thread complaining about the quality and or durability of the device. Some people wanted to form a recall over the glass screen. The fact that there is a glass screen and NO replaceable battery makes the device basically UNINSUREABLE!!! You can buy the 'Apple Protection Plan' for $69 but it doesn't get you very much. If the phone is so damn perfect then why don't they stand behind it the Sprint stands behind the Pre. If you have a defective Pre just return it for a BRAND NEW one. If that doesn't work...then maybe it's time to cut your losses. But don't come in here and try to rewrite history.

iPhone Class Action Law Suit #1

iPhone Class Action Law Suit #2

iPhone Class Action Law Suit #3

Now I'm not saying I agree or disagree with these claims. But lets not forget the history. 'The Truth? You can't handle the Truth!'
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    1st: 13 countable stuck/dead pixles on a launch day pre.
    2nd: phone camera stopped working, starting dropping calls + 3 stuck pixels after a couple days of use.
    3rd: phone twists like an oreo, like it bleeding through the edges outside of the screen in one area.
    I blame myself for not seeing the oreo twist, but I didn't have the problem on the previous phone, and I spent most of my time inspecting pixels...

To those of you who have good phones, you should feel lucky. I feel like the pre has turned me into a snobby-*** perfectionist, but at the end of the day I remind myself how much I paid for it + the contract. Also, I could careless about the stupid iphone and how ****ty of a launch it had. Palm had a truckload of Apple employees, and none of them could think, "Hey let's hire some guy to inspect the phone before it ships?

Inspired and designed in California, ensembled in Chinese and North Korean slave labor camps. No wait, those phones would probably come out perfect there.