Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Exchanged for a 4th? Only if there's a serious problem with the device.
    If I had to exchange a phone three times, I'd buy something else.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    There is no way this phone is lasting 2 years. My 700 is still ticking after 25 months...I have dropped it plenty of times, and it still runs perfect. It's a $200 phone plus one or two replacements....so its 7 bucks for 24 months + 1 or 2 $100 deductibles which really sucks.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Wow. You're even proudly displaying your bias in your signature. Amazing.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    I love my Pre. I have had zero problems with it. And I use the phone constantly, sliding the keyboard in and out countless times per day...
    yea that
    Twice today mine shutoff when I opened the slider. Got a piece of paper and tightened up the battery connection. So far so good.

The gap on the left side of my Pre appears to be getting wider and wider. Also, starting to get a wiggle in it.

Can't see how this REV A device is going to make through the first year.
    Wait until 3 days before the free return. The hardware should be better by then and yes, if the thing is unstable, replace it. Depending on the level of occurence, there is clearly a claim of defect in workmanship if not materials as well.

There will be many returns (insurance or not) after the 30 days.

They'll get it right though.
    Well I suppose with enough duct tape and baling wire the Pre's a pretty good phone!
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Wow. You're even proudly displaying your bias in your signature. Amazing.
    That's supposed to be an arrow to show my switch from my 700p to Pre...but as of right now that switch hasn't happened because I am using my 700 more than my Pre. I have 7 post-it not layers on my battery and I still can't open or close the Pre without it turning off. On average its 4 slides to get it to turn off. I love getting an email, opening the slider, and seeing the screen go black. Then I have to wait 90 seconds for it to start up (longest OS start-up I have ever seen. Vista boots faster). By that time I have replied on my 700.

A little wobble here, a wibble there...I'm not sure the Pre can take a fall from my couch to the carpeted floor.

Palm needs to hit up HTC to learn how to make sliders. Heck, even sidekicks can last a couple years and they have the most complex opening ever.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Wow. Even the WSJ is proudly displaying bias against the pre all over the front page of its news editions. As if no one is going to suspect them.

Newsweek, sports illustrated, CNN, hell, even the snoopy comic strip is proudly displaying bias against the pre!!! Just amazing!!!

How hurtful!!! How obvious is the intent to deceive, to cause mayhem and mass hysteria!!!!

Oh, horror!!!! THE HORROR!!

I just can't take it anymore... all this bias against the pre!!!

Let's frickin revolt!!!

LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    ... Oh, horror!!!! THE HORROR!!

Let's frickin revolt!!!

The only bias I have is against overly-defensive, conspiracy-theory-driven Pre owners.
    Wow. Even the WSJ is proudly displaying bias against the pre all over the front page of its news editions. As if no one is going to suspect them.

Newsweek, sports illustrated, CNN, hell, even the snoopy comic strip is proudly displaying bias against the pre!!! Just amazing!!!

How hurtful!!! How obvious is the intent to deceive, to cause mayhem and mass hysteria!!!!

Let's frickin revolt!!!

LOL.
    What about the journal and the Pre???
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    My wife dropped her Pre roughly four feet onto concrete today (I wanted to grab her by the neck for not having it in the case since she wasn't using it). The thing came through like a champ except for four tiny scratches on the side of the device. Overall I think the phone may be sturdy like that, but small things that will drive people nuts (or be a true nuisance like pixels/blotches) are the main problem. Her phone does did have a slight left side gap before the drop as well, came through like a champ, on that fall anyways.

Originally Posted by GMoney749
    Trolls.

Folks, I think THIS guy is a TROLL.
    He sabotages legitimate reports of faulty hardware with attacks.
    He has a real hard time with facing facts about the pre, methinks.
    Pot, meet kettle. You two should date.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    If I had to exchange a phone three times, I'd buy something else.
    I'd agree. The Curve would be my backup plan.

Lucky for me my Pre is perfect (so far). Aside from the ugly green phone app, at least, which I've been too lazy to alter.
    Yeah mine is not as tight as I wish it was, the power button is also loose and the top slightly spins around, as another member said, like an oreo.

Not cool.

WebOS though, i dont want another platform.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyops View Post
    There's your mistake. Don't let yourself get roped into that waiting list BS. If they have units in the store, they are able to exchange one right away. I know because they have done this for me twice already. If they insist, ask to speak to a manager.
    Trust me, my local corporate AFFILIATE store doesn't have them. The list is long, and they put me on it right with all the new activations and upgrade customers. They get a shipment in of 5 phones once a week. I am hoping I am on the top of the list this week if a shipment comes in.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ok so my first pre had the screen blotching issue and massive overheating but the slider was solid. I took it in on thursday and they ordered me a new one. It came in on friday. when i went to pick it up i was in a hurry to go camping so i really didnt pay attn to look for problems on the new one but turns out it has a really wobbly screen. I took it back in yesterday and they told me that sprint only allows one 30day exchange and that i cant get another one. After talking to the guy somemore and showing him how bad the gap was he said he would talk to a manager and call me. He called today for me to go get a new one. i checked it out before they activated it and guess what? same wobbly screen. I told them i didnt want it and they said they will talk to a higher up manager and call me tomorrow. This is so frustrating!
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Pot, meet kettle. You two should date.
    Damn, and all this time I thought I was a fanboy...

Let's frickin revolt!!!

LOL.
    Treobk214 wrote in theiphoneblog.com:

"So no pro-apple posts are allowed in an iphone bashing thread? This is getting even better. "

Dude, why don't you go back to the iPhone blog forums and keep sticking up for the iPhone. It's pretty clear where your allegiances are!!! And take your buddy iPhoneOverPre with you. They already thanked you 53 times for bashing the Pre. Fail 100% iPhone Fanboi
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast