Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I love my Pre. I have had zero problems with it. And I use the phone constantly, sliding the keyboard in and out countless times per day...
    Too picky.
    I'm generally happy with the build quality except the screen. Looks fantastic but someone needs to do some QC on that thing. I've gotten dead pixels, stuck pixels, light discoloration, etc. I'm hoping the 3rd Pre fixes my issues. Otherwise I'm a happy camper!
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Here is a pic of the gap which I assume the op is speaking of.
    That phone needs to go back.

There are good ones out there. I have had mine since launch day and it's perfect. My wife has had one since yesterday, also perfect.
    Wow, that is a huge gap on the slide.

I would have already taken that puppy back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post

There are good ones out there. I have had mine since launch day and it's perfect. My wife has had one since yesterday, also perfect.
    Now, where are you located? I think I might have to buy my Pre from your area because all 3 Pres of mine have had one issue or another >_>
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I agree Pioneer. I have been on a waiting list for 2 weeks for a replacement. I have the gap, the speakerphone speaker sounds like crap especially when I use gps, battery contact issue, and 1 dead or stuck pixel. Hopefully I get a replacement this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Trolls.

How do you know if the 3GS is a failure?? When the trolls are still on the Pre forum the day it is released.
    Dude, everyone is not a Troll. I am not happy with the build quality on this phone. I am a huge palm fan, and as such I'm asking why would they put this amazing OS on a slider phone, one that seems to have shotty workmanship. I say that because I have never once returned a phone during my first 30 days. And If we don't let palm know that we were less than satisfied with this model they may made a Pantech Duo for the next one!!!! The 3gs was released on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Now, where are you located? I think I might have to buy my Pre from your area because all 3 Pres of mine have had one issue or another >_>
    Toledo, OH.
    Trolls.

How do you know if the 3GS is a failure?? When the trolls are still on the Pre forum the day it is released.
    Folks, I think THIS guy is a TROLL.
    He sabotages legitimate reports of faulty hardware with attacks.
    He has a real hard time with facing facts about the pre, methinks.
    Here is a pic of the gap which I assume the op is speaking of. I have the same issue. Its huge, and I am just holding my finger on it to take the pic, not spreading it open. Something in the the slider mechanism is just not right.
    Holy smokes. I would trade that in ASAP.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/22/2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Reduced picture to prevent side scrolling
    Toledo, OH.
    Oh great another road trip(I just got back from one earlier tonight)
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Damn. One of the two biggest trolls on the forum has turned the tables. You got me.

Do you own a Pre?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

What kind of a lame a$$ hangs out in a forum bashing a product he doesn't even own?? Maybe you don't realize it, but ANYONE in this forum can click on your user name and see your posts and see that you're a troll that's just here to bash.

Maybe if you were smart, you would've signed up for a new user name.

Once again, a life just ran up the street past my window and you should try to catch it before some other troll gets a hold of it.
    Last edited by GMoney749; 06/22/2009 at 12:48 AM.
    Everyone with slider issues. Can you do me a favor? If you take the back off and remove the battery, what does the tracks look like? There are two black brackets that attach to black rails on the pre. Here is an image, sorry for the quality as it was taken with my old iPhone 3G. I would be curious to see what the pre's look like that have slider/gap issues. I wonder if they are even attached correctly.

- Garrett
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Dude, everyone is not a Troll. I am not happy with the build quality on this phone. I am a huge palm fan, and as such I'm asking why would they put this amazing OS on a slider phone, one that seems to have shotty workmanship. I say that because I have never once returned a phone during my first 30 days. And If we don't let palm know that we were less than satisfied with this model they may made a Pantech Duo for the next one!!!! The 3gs was released on Friday.
    Guess what - I'm NOT a huge Palm fan. I came back to it from my Treo many years ago because Palm built an awesome device. If something better comes along, you won't see me here.

But the fact is that there are TONS of trolls on this forum, and it drives me nuts because I'm just in here trying to get info on this cool phone that I bought and have to wade through a bunch of crap from Haters of all kind. Maybe that's how it is all over, and I'm just too old to recognize it as the new reality.

This is a kick-a$$ phone, and if it wasn't there wouldn't be so much drama from people who don't even own the thing spending time on this forum trying to drive it into the dirt. I have NEVER been to a forum for a device that I don't own and don't want, and if I felt compelled to do so I'd seek help.

If you don't own a Pre, don't like the Pre, and don't want a Pre and you're still here posting BS about the Pre, you're LAME. Get a freakin' life.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwp View Post
    Everyone with slider issues. Can you do me a favor? If you take the back off and remove the battery, what does the tracks look like? There are two black brackets that attach to black rails on the pre. Here is an image, sorry for the quality as it was taken with my old iPhone 3G. I would be curious to see what the pre's look like that have slider/gap issues. I wonder if they are even attached correctly.

- Garrett
    Mine looks all normal. I slid it open and closed several times and watched the tracks. Its all attached and sliding fine. I think the problem is on the other side where the top half of the phone attaches to those tracks and it's loose there causing the issues. FYI, my slider doesn't always slide smoothly. Sometimes its very bumpy when I slide it open like its catching, but looking at the tracks I can't see why this would be. I think its the plastic rubbing together somewhere because of the top part being loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Damn. One of the two biggest trolls on the forum has turned the tables. You got me.

Do you own a Pre?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

What kind of a lame a$$ hangs out in a forum bashing a product he doesn't even own?? Maybe you don't realize it, but ANYONE in this forum can click on your user name and see your posts and see that you're a troll that's just here to bash.

Maybe if you were smart, you would've signed up for a new user name.

Once again, a life just ran up the street past my window and you should try to catch it before some other troll gets a hold of it.
    What kind? The same kind who's trained pet user iPhoneOverPre follows him around and thanks 53 of of his Pre bashing posts all while never actually posting. If he's not a Troll the actual Trolls sure seem to think so.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I know 3 people with the pre none of their phones or mine have any of these issues i do think threre are some bad ones out there but i think the good ones far out weigh the defective ones.

Just my .02
    This is a kick-a$$ phone, and if it wasn't there wouldn't be so much drama from people who don't even own the thing spending time on this forum trying to drive it into the dirt. I have NEVER been to a forum for a device that I don't own and don't want, and if I felt compelled to do so I'd seek help.

If you don't own a Pre, don't like the Pre, and don't want a Pre and you're still here posting BS about the Pre, you're LAME. Get a freakin' life.
    Got a definite point there. Those that don't like it - probably hitting too close to home for comfort...
  20.    #40  
    I agree Pioneer. I have been on a waiting list for 2 weeks for a replacement. I have the gap, the speakerphone speaker sounds like crap especially when I use gps, battery contact issue, and 1 dead or stuck pixel. Hopefully I get a replacement this week.

There's your mistake. Don't let yourself get roped into that waiting list BS. If they have units in the store, they are able to exchange one right away. I know because they have done this for me twice already. If they insist, ask to speak to a manager.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast