Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    my updated post at another forum:

Thanks to BEEZLEWAXIN for updating his PALM friendly drivers.

Many requests have been coming in, all we ask is no claims guide/driver as theirs... here's a guide to retrieve SPC/MSL for the Palm Pre. Also enables DIAG/Passthrough mode on the phone for you and DUN/Modem Ports.

SPC/MSL
    Scan Memory Address: 0x00A50000-0x00A60000

Method 1

1) Bypass Activation/Activate and Root phone if you haven't by now.. there's several methods, search or visit predev.wikidot.com/

2) Establish a telnet connection as root and enter the following command:
    mpt 0d

3) Right away your PC will detect two new devices (ports). Use the easy and custom Pre drivers by beezlewaxin.

4) CDMA Workshop, UniCDMA, QPST, QXDM, etc should now detect the phone at the serial/diagnostic port without issues.

5) Use universal RAM method to retrieve the SPC at the above range.
    Last edited by supernine; 06/22/2009 at 05:08 PM.
    sure?
  3.    #3  
    please pm me, and we can write up guide it's been working great, I can retrieve MSL's as well (SPC), edit any NV Items, etc etc
    Very interesting, please keep this updated!!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I think I know what you found, it's not real tethering, it lets the voice part of the phone be used as a dialup modem, you will need to dial an isp yourself, and it will be very slow. Diag does work, I've confirmed it.
    I'd help too, but I can't PM you. If you email me offsite, we can talk about it.
  7.    #7  
    jbern8 you used the open ports in the wrong approach and you don't need to use a third party ISP, and yeah DIAG does work. Did you edit drivers for it? I had to do this or do you have access to native drivers for these ports

I can't PM either, funny rule
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I had to edit the generic qualcomm drivers. It looks like when DUN is activated it turns off the WAN connection.
  9.    #9  
    Upon request, here you guys go:
    SPC/MSL
    Scan Memory Address: 0x00A50000-0x00A60000
    Is this a way to tether without the need to root??
    Can someone who knows what is being discussed please provide a translation for all us laymen?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by supernine View Post
    please pm me, and we can write up guide it's been working great, I can retrieve MSL's as well (SPC), edit any NV Items, etc etc
    Would be interested in how you can get the MSL without bugging anyone from sprint. Its always handy to have that saved somewhere.

I used to back up this stuff on my Treo using a special app, incase I ever wiped my phone I could reconfigure it without having to wait on hold with sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Can someone who knows what is being discussed please provide a translation for all us laymen?

ditto. I follow enough to get the rough shape of what's going on, but a more clear path to what was done and how would be nice. Also, if you can do it with out rooting.
    please pm me if its against.. i am off site right now posting and really would be helpful if i could.. i DONT have root on my phone but do have putty on laptop
    So I guess this is yet another thread started by someone who claims to know the answers, and then they disappear :-(
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    So I guess this is yet another thread started by someone who claims to know the answers, and then they disappear :-(
    Claims? These are the answers my friend. Google what they are talking about if you want the full story. I don't think there has been enough research for full guides yet.
    *HINT* Hex editor and UniCDMA and palm specific NV ITEMS
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Supernine what count size did you use to download all the nv-items ?
    I didn't see any file attachments in this thread containing drivers, so here are my custom driver files for the Palm Pre referred to in the first post.

They also work for all of the Treo 800w's and Palm Centro's diag modes. And also the HTC Touch, since I had one in front of me at the time.

DIAG Drivers for: Palm Pre / Palm Treo 800w / Palm Centro / HTC Vogue
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    rapidshare.com/files/249167960/PreCentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar

The archive file contains these files, which you can keep anywhere, but you have to keep them together:

qcmdm.inf
    qcser.inf
    qcusb.inf
    qcusbmdm.sys
    qcusbser.sys

Enjoy!
    -Beezlewaxin

--------------

jbern8, I'm not sure why you couldn't get true tethering working, but I didn't have any problems at all tethering with my pre, using my carrier's data network, as evidenced by my connection dialing #777 to connect. I believe I had to properly edit my DUN NV NAI items for it to connect without authentication errors, but once I did that, everything was great.

It's only a matter of time til there is a method of doing this that uses the underlying linux networking/router capabilities on the pre, without needing to use "DUN".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    beezlewaxin, does what you have above work without rooting?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beezlewaxin View Post
    I believe I had to properly edit my DUN NV NAI items for it to connect without authentication errors, but once I did that, everything was great.

It's only a matter of time til there is a method of doing this that uses the underlying linux networking/router capabilities on the pre, without needing to use "DUN".
    Which NV number?

There are already other methods, I just like to use the builtin way, because it takes less modifying.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast