Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beezlewaxin View Post
    I didn't see any file attachments in this thread containing drivers, so here are my custom driver files for the Palm Pre referred to in the first post.

They also work for all of the Treo 800w's and Palm Centro's diag modes. And also the HTC Touch, since I had one in front of me at the time.
    And they also work for Sprint's Treo pro (850e)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I managed to get the QPST working with the device.
    I want to also use BitPim but for some reason it doesnt connect to the device.
    has anyone managed to connect BitPim?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Would be interested in how you can get the MSL without bugging anyone from sprint. Its always handy to have that saved somewhere.
    There are applications out there, but the easiest way is to call sprint and get your number. I have done it this way....

me- "Hi, I need to get my MSL number cause my phone is acting up, I have a friend that works at a sprint store, he said it needs to be reset and would do the reset on my phone, but he needs the MSL number for my phone. Can you give me the number?"

sprint rep - "sure your number is......"

Make it quick and simple and the rep will not hesitate. Don't go into details cause the rep will have to make a ticket for it and there will be a probability you will be hassled more about it.
    Last edited by Luin; 07/13/2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    Hey guys, this is amazing work, but i am having trouble. I have the phone rooted and all, i just cant get the drivers to install to be able to used qxdm. i am using windows xp 32bit. In putty, when i type in mpt d, it says pass-through enabled, but nothing happens. qxdm will not connect, and no new hardware notifications pop up. Thanks in advance for any help
    Quote Originally Posted by supernine View Post
    my updated post at another forum:

Thanks to BEEZLEWAXIN for updating his PALM friendly drivers.

Many requests have been coming in, all we ask is no claims guide/driver as theirs... here's a guide to retrieve SPC/MSL for the Palm Pre. Also enables DIAG/Passthrough mode on the phone for you and DUN/Modem Ports.

SPC/MSL
    Scan Memory Address: 0x00A50000-0x00A60000

Method 1

1) Bypass Activation/Activate and Root phone if you haven't by now.. there's several methods, search or visit predev.wikidot.com/

2) Establish a telnet connection as root and enter the following command:
    mpt 0d

3) Right away your PC will detect two new devices (ports). Use the easy and custom Pre drivers by beezlewaxin.

4) CDMA Workshop, UniCDMA, QPST, QXDM, etc should now detect the phone at the serial/diagnostic port without issues.

5) Use universal RAM method to retrieve the SPC at the above range.
    Hey guys!!!
    For the webOS 1.4 is the same memory adress?
    Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lluisinho View Post
    Hey guys!!!
    For the webOS 1.4 is the same memory adress?
    Thank you!!!
    After taking some time and looking around today I found that the memory address for the msl on 1.4 is

0x00A642C0 and 0x00A642D0

I used QXDM and it found it right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by beezlewaxin View Post
    I didn't see any file attachments in this thread containing drivers, so here are my custom driver files for the Palm Pre referred to in the first post.

They also work for all of the Treo 800w's and Palm Centro's diag modes. And also the HTC Touch, since I had one in front of me at the time.

DIAG Drivers for: Palm Pre / Palm Treo 800w / Palm Centro / HTC Vogue
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The archive file contains these files, which you can keep anywhere, but you have to keep them together:

qcmdm.inf
    qcser.inf
    qcusb.inf
    qcusbmdm.sys
    qcusbser.sys

Enjoy!
    -Beezlewaxin

--------------

jbern8, I'm not sure why you couldn't get true tethering working, but I didn't have any problems at all tethering with my pre, using my carrier's data network, as evidenced by my connection dialing #777 to connect. I believe I had to properly edit my DUN NV NAI items for it to connect without authentication errors, but once I did that, everything was great.

It's only a matter of time til there is a method of doing this that uses the underlying linux networking/router capabilities on the pre, without needing to use "DUN".
    The drivers are not working... Please help
    Ok, got the drivers, everything is working ... but ... How do I turn off the DM mode?

I know to turn it on you put in mpt d, so do I just do the same thing to turn it off?
    palm pre How do I turn off the DM mode

for work back like hard disk
  10. nigallin
    Quote Originally Posted by larue708 View Post
    After taking some time and looking around today I found that the memory address for the msl on 1.4 is

Thanks, this worked perfectly. My MSL was "000000" so others out there trying this might want to try that before going though all of this work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nigallin View Post
    Thanks, this worked perfectly. My MSL was "000000" so others out there trying this might want to try that before going though all of this work.
    The Verizon MSL is 000000 for everyone. For Sprint, it is different for each device.

You can see this MSL on the activation page if you activate your Pre online. So if you have an old phone lying around, you can do a quick online swap back and forth to see the MSL.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by larue708 View Post

I'm running 1.4.5 and the MSL for my Sprint Pre was located in six bytes starting at 0x00A642CE. Each number is in encoded as ASCII so it was very easy to spot using a Hex editor such as xvi32. I used UniCDMA to export the memory segment to a file and view it with the Hex Editor. I guess UniCDMA can sometimes just display it without having to look through memory, but mine showed up as [unknown].
    I am a layman who needs Bluetooth DUN so I can connect my Tomtom satnav to my Palm Pre and access the internet.

Is there a solution for that?

If yes, can anybody write up a procedure explaining how to configure that, in words that a non developer can understand?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by supernine View Post
    please pm me, and we can write up guide it's been working great, I can retrieve MSL's as well (SPC), edit any NV Items, etc etc
    spc 000000 not working in sprint palm pixi kindly assist,
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12