Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    So, I love the swipe to delete emails action, but sometimes the screen isn't that precise and I swipe away an e-mail I don't want to delete!!

We need an UNDO action here. The iPhone has it figured out, shake to undo...

PALM - IF YOU'RE READING THIS - PLEASE ADD SHAKE DEVICE TO UNDO.

THANK YOU.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    If its an IMAP mail server, just go into your deleted-items folder.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Or just root your Pre and enable the confirmation prompt for email deletion.
    The iPhone doesn't have shake to undo for deleted emails.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    you don't have a deleted items folder?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by posguy99 View Post
    That would be horrible. I don't mind so much being unable to select multiple messages for deletion since the swipe to delete is so fast!

It's actually fun to quickly swipe tons of messages, the Pre can barely keep up.

Oh, and even with the rare mistake, even Gmail has a trash folder for recovery.
    I like the swipe to delete but I would still prefer a empty trash button. It just takes too much time.
    Last edited by fain; 06/21/2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spell check
    I've mistakingly deleted emails multiple times because I get too "swipe happy" and the email program usually updates so slow I don't even realize what exactly is being deleted currently.
    Even with POP accounts, there's a trash folder, and you can pull an accidentally-deleted item back into the inbox.
    I've fallen victim to that as well...we need a confirmation notice...
    If you don't spasm when swiping then there is no issue. That being said, I've done it too.
    all part of the learning curve i suppose
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How is this done? I didn't see it in the Wiki.
    I think Palm should at least provide a menu option to enable/disable deletion confirmation. Most other programs provide the confirmation option, so it seems more natural for it to be there. However, I can see many people not wanting it to be there.
    I wouldn't want a confirmation button. Especially since you delete one item at a time. I don't want to also be slowed down by a confirmation for each mail. I think the items stored in your trash can allows you to check your trash can and undelete it. If you have Yahoo or Google, the trash can shows up synergystically on your device that's enough.

There are more important things that we'd like Palm to update to make our device better. Let's not bog Palm down with re-doing stuff that is already user friendly and easy. Actually this one doesn't require a fix, it just requires the user to do the same thing that they'd do if they had mistakenly deleted an e-mail, pull it out of your trash mail. There is no need to come up with something snazzy or new to undelete.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I wouldn't want a confirmation button. Especially since you delete one item at a time. I don't want to also be slowed down by a confirmation for each mail. I think the items stored in your trash can allows you to check your trash can and undelete it. If you have Yahoo or Google, the trash can shows up synergystically on your device that's enough.

There are more important things that we'd like Palm to update to make our device better. Let's not bog Palm down with re-doing stuff that is already user friendly and easy. Actually this one doesn't require a fix, it just requires the user to do the same thing that they'd do if they had mistakenly deleted an e-mail, pull it out of your trash mail. There is no need to come up with something snazzy or new to undelete.
    I think having an option to enable or disable the confirmation is ideal for me. I found myself accidentally deleting an email. I have a bad habit of looking at my email while driving. I have my Pre in my right hand and I find myself accidentally hitting the trash icon at the bottom right of the message with my short fat thumb.

I also wished there is a way to select more than 1 message in the list view so one can move/delete more than 1 message at a time.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Not sure what the issue here is. If you accidentally swipe delete an email from your inbox, go to your Trash folder sync it real quick and then move it back to your inbox. It couldn't be any easier.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I've just had to learn to be patient and let it load all the emails. Sometimes if I try to erase too fast as they are loading I'll erase the wrong one.
    How is this done?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    you don't have a deleted items folder?
    For real, who doesnt have a deleted items folder in this day and age?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast