1.    #1  
    Is it possible to use external storage drives like the solid state laptop type drives that dont need external power and access them on the pre?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I don't think such a creature exists. Solid state drives don't have moving parts, but they still use power. Best we can hope for is a 3rd party app someday that accesses our home computer's hard drive via WiFi or vpn over EVDO... Lack of local storage would never be an issue at least in scenarios that aren't overly bandwidth critical.
  3.    #3  
    no i meant the USB drives that are small like the laptop ones that dont require external power. Yes they exist or even a small usb key drive like another 8 gig stick. they draw power off of the usb port.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    By external power I assumed you meant as opposed to internal power. I read elsewhere on this forum that micro-usb does not carry any power. If that is true then what you seek is not possible. I don't personally have any devices to test this, and a little googling did not indicate whether or not this is the case... Definitely something for someone less sleepy than myself to investigate. (: