1.    #1  
    I have spend many hours over the past couple of days with Level 2 Palm Tech support. I am VERY impressed with their skill, patience and goal of customer satisfaction. They called me back four times for followup! Incredible! I have been a Palm user since the original Palm Pilot, so I have lots of contacts, data and calendars. My calendar kept freezing and graying out, no matter how many times or ways I tried to make it work. Here is a short outline of what finally worked:

Run dbfixit on your current Palm phone. (may be obtained from this website for $12.95: Pimlico Software - DbFixIt

It found five "errors" or corrupt files in my data that was causing some problems in the data transfer. (Best $12 bucks I spent in a long time. And I am not affiliated with the developer....he wrote datebk6 which is awesome).

Make a copy of your Palm data for safekeeping just in case.

Be sure you have Palm Desktop 6.2.

Hot sync your old phone to Palm desktop 6.2, having the phone OVERWRITE your desktop.

Start with a full erase of your Pre. Go to backup, turn it off, then erase the backup. Then go to Device Info, reset options, and full erase.

Create a different profile for each PIM (contacts, calendar,task and memos). Export and import data from old username to the profile created.

Run DTA and select the first profile PIM (for example, contacts). This is key: ONLY run ONE PIM at a time, and BE SURE it is complete before moving to the next PIM.

You can check your contacts progress on the Pre by going to Contacts/touch upper left contacts/preferences/palm profile. It will tell you how many contacts have transferred. Compare that number to the number on your Palm Desktop (bottom right corner). When the number is equal, you are done (it will actually be two extra for the 2 sprint entries that come with your phone).

You can repeat this process for each PIM. Note: after running the DTA, check the Pre via USB mode to see of migration is complete. If the ".mig" file is present.....the migration is NOT complete yet.....data is still transferring. It took my contacts about 15 minutes to transfer and my calendar overnight. But it worked .... several years worth of calendar all transferred. Memos and Tasks transferred in one minute.

The repeating events transferred first, then the remainder. Note: You MUST have an end date for repeating events, otherwise the calendar will freeze. For example, the Level 2 tech set mine until 2012 for holidays, birthdays, etc. If they do not have a formal resolution by then, my repeating events will need re-entered manually.

If you have trouble, call Palm tech support. They are now aware of this solution and can step you through it pretty quickly now. They have the technology to take over your desktop and make the changes real fast.

My thanks to Jamie in Level 2 Tech support. She is awesome! I hope this helps others with similar issues.

From the City of Champions! Home of the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and World Champion Pittsburgh Penguins!
    Sorry, no joy.

I downloaded and ran DbFixIt and (surprise!) it found no issues. I ran it several times, just to be sure.

I haven't tried the rest of your instructions yet, but I'm doubtful since I've already done a complete wipe of the phone and re-migration, this time choosing Palm Profile only, with the same results.

It will take a couple of days before I can get the time to do a wipe and do the individual import/export/migrations, and I also have a number of 'repeat forevers' that might need fixing.

I anticipate doing this in two steps:

1) First try the import/export trick, to see if that cleans up anything,

2) If that fails, fix the 'repeat forevers' and re-do.

I'd like to change only one thing at a time, to help sort out the root cause, if possible.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I don't get freezes, but I do get greyed-out calendar items via both Exchange and Google. The only thing that seems to work reliably is using PocketMirror to do a direct sync with Outlook. Not as elegant as the cloud solution, but at least all my calendar items are visible.

It's good to know Palm is aware of the issue -- I'm hoping a real fix will be out before too long. If Chapura can do it, why not Palm?
    Tried the import/export trick last night, and it didn't seem to help.

I also noticed that I can open certain 'repeat forever' events, so I don't believe that is an issue for me. Note that I am syncing only to my Palm Profile, so folks are Google syncing may still have issues with 'repeat forever' events.
  5.    #5  
    I am using Palm profile only as well. Companionlink has tried for 2 weeks to get it to work using google....no luck. PAlm profile works fine....I just wish I had a way to sync it on my desktop.
    While I apparently have a palm profile account linked to my calendar, I am primarily using Google calendars, that I had synced to my Treo via Goosync. I find that the Daily View - All Calendars view is non-operational. It is greyed out and unresponsive to the touch screen. However if I just pick one calendar to view the Daily view works. Also weekly and monthly views work.

While it's not particularly useful to only be able to see one calendar at a time, perhaps that will help Palm diagnose part of the problem?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Check out this thread at the Palm Forums. Several of us discovered that the grayed out calendar day view is caused by special characters that the Pre can't deal with. In my case, I had been a Datebk6 user and Datebk6 uses the notes area to store its specific tags. Cleaning them out fixed the problem.
    so after the fix, are you seeing absolutely no gray or just for one or two seconds?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmKing View Post
    so after the fix, are you seeing absolutely no gray or just for one or two seconds?
    Scrolling thru the days, each one is gray for about 1 second. No delays after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Scrolling thru the days, each one is gray for about 1 second. No delays after that.
    Thank you. I did not use DTA for my calendar. All my events come from exchange and google calendars (though I erased all previous events prior to Jan 2009). I am also getting about a second to two seconds gray delay between day switching.

I am hoping that with future OS updates, this gray delay will be even less. I suppose with average # of events per day being 3-5, i have to live with this delay. Missing PalmOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret View Post
    I don't get freezes, but I do get greyed-out calendar items via both Exchange and Google. The only thing that seems to work reliably is using PocketMirror to do a direct sync with Outlook. Not as elegant as the cloud solution, but at least all my calendar items are visible.

It's good to know Palm is aware of the issue -- I'm hoping a real fix will be out before too long. If Chapura can do it, why not Palm?

What do you mean grayed out? When I go to month view all of mine are grayed out, but in single day view and other views I get my business, personal and google calendar colors perfectly. Does everyone's gray out in month view?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I would like to know about the colors in month view also? Is that different than your problems or can the whole month not handle all the colors?