1.    #1  
    The last few weeks pretty much all my free time(as sad as that is) has been watching news/videos on the Pre. This board made me think the phone was a fragile figure that was nearly always disfigured. But, my Verizon phone broke, and I needed a new phone. Since I had horrible help with Verizon, I decided to switch to Sprint(also get an 11% discount which is nice). The Sprint store at a local mall happened to have one Pre left, and with my phone randomly breaking over night while it was charging, and my good luck of there being one left, I took it as a sign from god. The phone is absolutely amazing. The most annoying thing I've found is that the center button doesn't activate the screen. I don't get all these hardware issues people are having. The phone seems durable, well made, and quite usable. I do have 2 dead pixels...but with this being a touch screen phone, there's usually some finger smudges changing the screen look a little anyways. 2 pixels out of the thousands is not a big deal.
    congrats and good luck, i have 2 dead pixels since launch it not a big deal.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    "2 pixels out of the thousands is not a big deal. "

As long as you dont mind when they show up in certain places, specially black, more power to you. I had the wobble issue but I fixed it with so many of my ideas a little of all of those ideas worked, now I good.
    Congrats on the new device!

What feature do you like most on the Pre?
  5.    #5  
    Synergy is fantastic. I love the complex, yet simplistic contact list I have. Being a semi-big texter, the threaded view of texts, and they way they group like IMs, each having their own window, helps a lot. The notification system is a dream come true. Cards are a great way to organize applications.

Any complaints I have about WebOS will definitely be addressed in the future, so I'm not worried. Problems right now are:
    1. Lack of ringtone choice for anything that is not a call.
    2. Double tap in the browser isn't quite as easy as on my iPod Touch.
    3. No Facebook application.
    4. Since the Pre foolishly caps memory at 8GB, an application to stream my 16GB music library from a computer.
    5. No video recording.
    6. More applications in general...games please.

The fact that I can have Pandora playing while sending a text already gives the Pre a big hand over the iPhone for me. Sadly, the 8GB memory is a huge downfall, but can be addressed in an app as I said above.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I had a dead pixel but Enzyte fixed that in a jiffy (lol).
    You've got a lot more willpower then I do - a single dead pixel burns my eyes!
    Quote Originally Posted by pychozoundz View Post
    The last few weeks pretty much all my free time(as sad as that is) has been watching news/videos on the Pre. This board made me think the phone was a fragile figure that was nearly always disfigured. But, my Verizon phone broke, and I needed a new phone. Since I had horrible help with Verizon, I decided to switch to Sprint(also get an 11% discount which is nice). The Sprint store at a local mall happened to have one Pre left, and with my phone randomly breaking over night while it was charging, and my good luck of there being one left, I took it as a sign from god. The phone is absolutely amazing. The most annoying thing I've found is that the center button doesn't activate the screen. I don't get all these hardware issues people are having. The phone seems durable, well made, and quite usable. I do have 2 dead pixels...but with this being a touch screen phone, there's usually some finger smudges changing the screen look a little anyways. 2 pixels out of the thousands is not a big deal.
    I agree whole heartedly. Good post.
    I've dropped my Pre about 10 times now and the battery life improves after each time I drop it! It's a tough as nails smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    I had a dead pixel but Enzyte fixed that in a jiffy (lol).
    Dang what can it not do.
  10. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pychozoundz View Post
    4. Since the Pre foolishly caps memory at 8GB, an application to stream my 16GB music library from a computer.

The fact that I can have Pandora playing while sending a text already gives the Pre a big hand over the iPhone for me. Sadly, the 8GB memory is a huge downfall, but can be addressed in an app as I said above.
    I hear ya buddy. Something like Simplify on the iPhone would be great. I'm in the same boat, but I've got around 35GB lol. Let's just say I have gotten a lot of use out of playlist syncing and Pandora
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    yeah it's just human nature that people will complain. Also, many people look to these forums for help, so most posts are usually people with an issue.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was in roughly the same boat. I suffered through Verizon's crap phones but never wanted to switch for an iPhone. I love most things apple (including my hackintosh mini 9) but I never thought the iPhone was right for me.

Then CES changed everything and I knew everything I could about the pre before it came out. Then 2 weeks before the big release the speaker on my old phone broke and I sat in line at 6am to get my new pre.

After 2 weeks of use sure I have some gripes with the phone, but they're all software problems that i'm sure will be fixed or at least improved upon based on palms quick updates so far.
    i've never had to exchange a phone during my 30 day trial. I've had to exchange my pre 1 because of a dead pixel. With that being said I would exchange this puppy 20x if I had to. the pre is worth it. And besides the squeaky wheel get the oil right?