Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    If you look at the screen and the black paint it has a very nice uniform clear coat/s. I had some small minor scratches so I decided to wax the front of the screen and sides. MAN it it made the pre look AWSOME! It even took off or faded those small scrathes.

And if your wondering, YES IT IS SAFE to wax it. I been doing this to all my phones and pda's since the ipaq days. The wax also has the same effect on a car, it protects the surface from further small scrathes.

It's even nicer on the finger to slide around the pre's screen.

Try it guys, you will thank me!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    P.S. make sure you use something like a 100% cotton t-shirt when waxing and polishing it up. Do this once a week and the pre will look new!
    Do you recommend any particular wax?
    pics?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    my pre is slippery enough as it is. But its nice to know I could have water bead on it if I wanted to.
  6. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Yeah, any wax you recommend??

can I use the wax from my ears?? :0
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Can you use car wax?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I'd be a little too worried about the mic/speaker to try this.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Find the coating Apple put on the iPhone & I'm game!

I'm sure car wax is what the OP used.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Yes guys you can use ANY car wax. Just put a little bit of wax on a t-shirt and polish it WITHOUT getting near the mic and ear pice (DUH to the guy that said he's afraid of that). You only need a TINY amount to polish up all the fron and back if you want. It does NOT make it any more slippery than it already is.

I even added some to the keyboard and now its smooth to type.
    Don't get over perenoid guys, this is not rocket science, very easy to do and with excellent results!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I do it was well and it works great. Also will help decrease fingerprints!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    You're not getting rid of any scratches by waxing the screen. All you're doing is filling them in. When the wax wears off the scratches will reappear. The only way to get rid of them would be with some type of abrasive and I wouldnt really recommend that.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MxChino View Post
    You're not getting rid of any scratches by waxing the screen. All you're doing is filling them in. When the wax wears off the scratches will reappear. The only way to get rid of them would be with some type of abrasive and I wouldnt really recommend that.
    hence the once-a-week reccomendation by OP
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    First, wax does not equal polish. Wax will not remove any scratches, it just temporarily masks them. Polish has an abrasive in it that will "remove" scratches by smoothing out the area around the scratch.

Second, I don't see the point in this, especially since you are not applying the wax properly. When applying car wax, you apply a dab, rub on, let the wax haze over, and then use a clean cloth to wipe the excess wax off.

Third, why bother putting wax on? Unlike a car, you'll be rubbing your hands all over the screen, thereby wearing down the wax coat. I wouldn't count on the wax coat lasting more than a couple of days with heavy use and who wants to be constantly be reapplying wax?