View Poll Results: How many times have you exhanged your Pre?

Voters
832. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is my 4th Time. Fifth Pre!! Really?!

31 3.73%
  • Third time's the charm. This is my fourth Pre.

29 3.49%
  • Twice. This is my third Pre.

100 12.02%
  • Once. This is my second Pre.

203 24.40%
  • None - First Pre and it's been perfect

469 56.37%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am on my second pre which sadly has much poorer build quality than the original i bought but that one had screen bubbles....went in yesterday for pre number three and was told by a rep that they are only allowed to do one exchange during the 30 day trial...im sensing major BS so im gonna try another sprint store this afternoon maybe ill have better luck
    im on my 3rd pre, needing to exchange for a 4th. getting worried.

first one heated up bad, froze occasionally, and was twisting like an oreo. (this one was a black box on launch day).

second one (yellow box) was flawless. no gap, no twist, everything worked! except there was a screen imperfection on the right hand side, visible only on certain colors. really only noticeable 10% of the time... but i figured if your going to pay $$ for something better have it be in good condition. so i told them i wanted an exchange (also not sure if this defect would grow worse in the future). they said it was on backorder and had to order one. it arrived 5 days later.... and now i am kicking myself....

3rd pre. major gap & oreo twisting. here's the sketchy part... replacement pre came in flat padded envelope with nothing inside besides the pre (no battery) i would think a smart phone would ship in something a bit more sturdier or protected. to make things worse, the store manager and supervisor were out for the day and some random "sales associate" said i HAVE to take the new phone that came. EVEN THOUGH my 2nd phone was in much better condition.

now i have to wait for a 4th one, and the sprint store is not picking up my calls. lol. seriously... what the heck is going on. should have just kept the 2nd one...

btw all the ppl in the store are starting to get irritated at me for calling or coming into the store... being less and less helpful everytime. im worried that if i exchange again im just going to get another dud. is there any way to ensure i get a brand new one and not refurb? i dont want to have to keep doing this forever
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I am currently gearing up to exchange my pre for the first time at Best Buy.
    The volume control has been falling out, and the oreo isn't terrible, but it's there.

What's everybody's experience been with exchanging at best buy. I had to talk to a manager to even get put on the waiting list in the first place.
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    on my seventh one
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinksoy View Post
    im on my 3rd pre, needing to exchange for a 4th. getting worried.

first one heated up bad, froze occasionally, and was twisting like an oreo. (this one was a black box on launch day).

second one (yellow box) was flawless. no gap, no twist, everything worked! except there was a screen imperfection on the right hand side, visible only on certain colors. really only noticeable 10% of the time... but i figured if your going to pay $$ for something better have it be in good condition. so i told them i wanted an exchange (also not sure if this defect would grow worse in the future). they said it was on backorder and had to order one. it arrived 5 days later.... and now i am kicking myself....

3rd pre. major gap & oreo twisting. here's the sketchy part... replacement pre came in flat padded envelope with nothing inside besides the pre (no battery) i would think a smart phone would ship in something a bit more sturdier or protected. to make things worse, the store manager and supervisor were out for the day and some random "sales associate" said i HAVE to take the new phone that came. EVEN THOUGH my 2nd phone was in much better condition.

now i have to wait for a 4th one, and the sprint store is not picking up my calls. lol. seriously... what the heck is going on. should have just kept the 2nd one...

btw all the ppl in the store are starting to get irritated at me for calling or coming into the store... being less and less helpful everytime. im worried that if i exchange again im just going to get another dud. is there any way to ensure i get a brand new one and not refurb? i dont want to have to keep doing this forever
    sorry to hear of your ****ty experience
    you DO NOT have to take a replacement phone. i have refused several replacements. one didnt even turn on
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    does it count if you go to get the replacement but it's worse than the one you have and you don't take it?

how about a poll/count of how many replacement phones were left at the store?

-t
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    sorry to hear of your ****ty experience
    you DO NOT have to take a replacement phone. i have refused several replacements. one didnt even turn on
    see, thats what i thought!

f*ng stupid girl cant even do her job right -__= its probably too late now to get my 2nd one back who knows what theyve one to it

ugh.

anyone have experience with going to a store that wasnt the original store they bought the Pre at? i called one and they said i had to go back to the original one because it wasnt a corporate owned store...
    On my third Pre:

Pre 1: Got it on launch day, solid build quality, but when I spoke on the phone the other person sounded all fuzzy and at first I wasn't sure if the sound quality was just worse than my old Treo, but turned out it was really faulty.

Pre 2: Took them a few weeks to get it, picked up took it home and used it for a week with almost no issues. Only issue i had was a slight wobble/twist, but I figured it wasn't significant enough to return it. I even got an invisible shield professionally put on. After a week suddenly I would get calls and no sound would come out and it wouldn't detect that the phone was up to my face. Was bummed that I had to go in for a third, but was hoping the wobble would be better on the next one.

Pre 3: Was given a lot of hassle about trying to get a third. The guy said I'd have to get the manager's permission, but he wasn't there then it would take 3-5 days to order it. I complained like crazy about it and finally the guy called the manager and got approval to magically produce one from the back. So far so good on this one *knock on wood*, but the wobble is still there. I kinda feel like the gap and the wobble is even worse than my second one, but it might just be all in my head. The wobble bothers me, but I'm not about to chance getting an even worse one. I really hope the Pre 2 will fix all these quality control issues. I love webOS and I love the design of the Pre, but these problems are ridiculous.
    The frickin horror. Its just too damn "pre"carious.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    After weeks and hours upon hours of standing inside my local Sprint store I finally have a perfect Pre. This is as perfect as they get. It is Pre number 5 for me (Officially, 7th on account, since 2 never made it out the store).

The Sprint store was awesome at working with me and really wanted to make things right.

History:
    1. Oreo and huge gap on slider
    2. Rebooted 3 times a day
    3. 3 Dead Pixels and Slider shut off issue
    4. Major blotchyness all across bottom of screen
    5. Utopia

My latest Pre has no gap whatsoever, keyboard is perfect, no dead pixels, no blotchyness and it stays on after I close the slider! Plus the ringer switch and power button fit nice and snug in their places.
    Just exchanged my pre yesterday. The first one had 1 dead pixel, oreo twist, amd reset with slider closing. When they turned on the new one yesterday it had 2 dead pixels that i could not see until after i activated the phone. i asked if i could see the other one and they said they are only allowed to do 1 exchange in the first 30 days. The slider is rock solid but the phone has randomly shut off 3 times in the past day (i grab my phone and when i hit the power button it starts to boot instead of just turning on). Unfortunately it is looking like i might be going in for a third if this reset problem is not fixed. do they give you 30 days with each new phone or is it 30 days from the purchanse of the original phone?

on a positive note....having the phone shut off randomly in my pocket for several hours without my knowledge has really helped out with battery life problems.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have just returned my *dramatic pause* 7th Pre and am not on my 8th as I've given up...gone back to my Rumor2. My wife also has a Pre and we got them both at release at the same time from the same store and her's is perfect in all ways.

I've had 4 with stuck pixels, 1 bubble, 2 dead keys and 1 that had a to have the battery removed after about 2 hours because the phone would completely freeze losing all functionality. Yes that equals 8, but one of the dead key instances also had dead pixels. I also didn't pay attention to the colors of the boxes in each case, but have had black, yellow and white.

Again, my wife's is absolutely perfect and she loves it. Heck, I love it too, it's a nice device, but enough is enough for me. Oh, and she has the black boxed one and has updated the software I think twice now.

Good luck peoples!!!
    As of today, I'm on #6!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    on my seventh one

Time for a different phone.....
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    This poll seems to be supporting the 1 in 3 pres are being exchanged.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    My 5th is alright, a couple of stuck pixels and a mushy power button, but I'm cool with it. The Sprint store has been very helpful and didn't give me any hassles.

I have to decide if I'm keeping it by Sunday.
    Zero problems. Zero returns.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Zero problems. Zero returns.
    Yeah, rub it in.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    2nd Pre received 7/8 is perfect, better than I thought a Pre could be.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast