View Poll Results: How many times have you exhanged your Pre?

Voters
832. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is my 4th Time. Fifth Pre!! Really?!

    31 3.73%
  • Third time's the charm. This is my fourth Pre.

    29 3.49%
  • Twice. This is my third Pre.

    100 12.02%
  • Once. This is my second Pre.

    203 24.40%
  • None - First Pre and it's been perfect

    469 56.37%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 201
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
    Awaiting for my first exchange right now.
    Same here.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  2. tonyv69's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #62  
    hi there went to corp store, they ok'd my exchange,
    for random resets and resetting when you close they slider
    ( it actually happened the 10th time the rep closed it in front of me thankfully,
    it always seems you cant get a phone to mess up in the store).
    they had a new one in the box on the counter then he noticed i bought it at best buy.
    well no new phone, had to go to best buy and get on the list for a swap out
    at least i'm second on it
  3. klt0042's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #63  
    I'm on my third and so far it looks like this'll be the one. My first would shut down upon closing the slider and my second had several dead pixels. The third one appears to be working great.

    However, I did find that my newest one is quite a bit lighter and possibly even smaller than my previous ones. I suspect Palm quietly changed the design a little from the early release ones. And thankfully, this design seems better.
  4.    #64  
    Can we get anyone to confirm smaller redesign?

    I appreciate the participation on this poll from everyone. For most part very civll discussion and people just able to make their own conclusions from the numbers.

    If they did tweak it, would be intetestin to redo poll again... New owners after July 1st or something to see if number of exchanges dramatic decrease which I suspect. Gives me hope with my contract expiring soon and decide then.
  5. #65  
    I am getting my 4th tomorrow.

    1st: Big white blotches on the bottom( around 5 or 6 of them)
    2nd: There were more than 5 dead pixels, all in the wrong places.
    3rd: Had very bad light leakage and was missing paint inside (looked like a long line going along the left side of the screen then going a 45 degree angle toward the microphone on the bottom.

    All three Sprint looked at and said they were bad.

    Tomorrow I go in to get my fourth. Hopefully 4th time is the charm.

    Maybe I should bring a Rabbit's foot for luck.
  6. #66  
    This poll should be redone because you can't go back and change your vote if you had to exchange your Pre after first voting. In other words, this poll almost certainly understates the number of exchanged Pres among the group of people who voted in the poll.

    (Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I didn't read the whole thread.)
  7. #67  
    6th
  8.    #68  
    it's an interesting poll to take a basic snapshot over a few days. If owners did exchange again from their initial vote it would be nice if you mention it but really wouldnt be a drastic change to the percentages i think. cool that almost 300 votes.

    i like the idea or redoing after july if there is indeed a new batch with slightly different dimensions with people that bought first pre after that date.

    I imagine if redone with the new batch, the numbers would be dramatically different.

    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    This poll should be redone because you can't go back and change your vote if you had to exchange your Pre after first voting. In other words, this poll almost certainly understates the number of exchanged Pres among the group of people who voted in the poll.

    (Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I didn't read the whole thread.)
  9. #69  
    If the reception issue is not resolved, I am going to return the Pre for a refund. I don't want a PDA, I want a smartPHONE.
  10. jade408's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #70  
    I exchanged due to slider wobble. Round 2 is much better.
  11. Cookedart's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #71  
    I was previously on the waiting list for an exchange for a Pre. My first pre had the discoloration problem at the bottom of the screen, and 10 (!) stuck pixels. It was hard to see this in anything but pitch dark, but there were 10.

    After waiting more than a week I dropped into the store and they were willing to switch for another.

    Both were from a Sprint Store, both had a "yellow" sleeve.

    This one has around 7 dead pixels, and a wobbly screen (in closed position), but no discoloration.

    I am now going to go back in for my third pre.

    Re: the redesign - I highly doubt this is the case.
  12. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #72  
    Just got a damn screen bubble!!! what the hell is that about??
    So yea, add me to the going for an exchange list...i never thought i'd be one.....damn
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    it's an interesting poll to take a basic snapshot over a few days. If owners did exchange again from their initial vote it would be nice if you mention it but really wouldnt be a drastic change to the percentages i think. cool that almost 300 votes.

    i like the idea or redoing after july if there is indeed a new batch with slightly different dimensions with people that bought first pre after that date.

    I imagine if redone with the new batch, the numbers would be dramatically different.
    When the poll is redone, an option for "I returned it for a refund" should be included because it seems some people (including me) are going to return the Pre for a refund if issues are not corrected before the end of our 30 days post purchase.
  14. #74  
    Are most of these exchange/returns something that developed over time or something that we missed when we bought it?
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
  15.    #75  
    299!! Come on 300!
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    Are most of these exchange/returns something that developed over time or something that we missed when we bought it?
    My first had a bad key which I missed when I bought it.

    My second developed a screen bubble after I had it for a few days.
  17. excberry's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #77  
    my sprint store told me you can only exchange the pre for a brand new one once when you are on your first 30 days. having exchanged it once, they told me to go to a repair center for the second exchange. the repair center told me they couldn't do much about dead pixels and that they'd have to give me a reconditioned one. 'was pretty disappointed, but i wanted to do it anyway since this pre had a flat spacebar. they gave me a new one instead, but it still had dead pixels which i can stand.

    i concluded that dead pixels are pretty much inevitable. if you change your pre because of dead pixels, you might get a worse hardware problem on your new one. as well as everything else works, just ignore the dead pixels unless it's extreme.,
  18.    #78  
    Obviously from the voters, you are not limited to one exchange and shouldnt accept any refurb. I personally wouldnt accept any dead pixels.

    Quote Originally Posted by excpre View Post
    my sprint store told me you can only exchange the pre for a brand new one once when you are on your first 30 days. having exchanged it once, they told me to go to a repair center for the second exchange. the repair center told me they couldn't do much about dead pixels and that they'd have to give me a reconditioned one. 'was pretty disappointed, but i wanted to do it anyway since this pre had a flat spacebar. they gave me a new one instead, but it still had dead pixels which i can stand.

    i concluded that dead pixels are pretty much inevitable. if you change your pre because of dead pixels, you might get a worse hardware problem on your new one. as well as everything else works, just ignore the dead pixels unless it's extreme.,
  19. #79  
    I am now on my third due to hardware issues like broken mute button, cracks, and broken usb plugs. I voted too early i think.

    My 3rd one has a very wobbly screen and the other two didn't.
  20. #80  
    On my first but it has a crack in the upper left corner, I fear it breaking further and I'm not sure how the crack got there. I'd like to see them make the casing a bit sturdier in future releases. I'll probably try to exchange this. I do love the way the phone works. I'd like to get some more functionality ie change notification sounds etc.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions