View Poll Results: How many times have you exhanged your Pre?

Voters
832. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is my 4th Time. Fifth Pre!! Really?!

31 3.73%
  • Third time's the charm. This is my fourth Pre.

29 3.49%
  • Twice. This is my third Pre.

100 12.02%
  • Once. This is my second Pre.

203 24.40%
  • None - First Pre and it's been perfect

469 56.37%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    30 days dude, 30 days.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Best Buy hates me. I have gone and exchanged my Pre 3 times within the last 10 days. Even the girl at the cust service desk said "I hope we dont have to see YOU for a while". I felt like smackin the wench.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Oh, and now I am on my 32nd day from my contract renewal date. So, if this one bums out on me, I am S.O.L.
    Honestly, really surprised to hear that so many people have returned their Pre. I have had mine for several months now, and work in an outdoor, highly-physical, high-stress environment....something that has killed 4 Blackberry Storms...and, despite this, the Pre has consistently had flawlessly reliable touch-screen functioning, and pixel quality. My boyfriend jokes that my phone's front screen is "fake" because of the picture clarity on the front. I've been very impressed with this phone, and RELIEVED -- I am a technology junky, and I just haven't had many phones live up to their hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by nowise View Post
    So I just returned my original Pre which started shutting down when I closed the slider. My new one (not a refurb) has a big discolored spot in the bottom left and also a slight oreo twist to the right but only when closed.

What is the consensus around here, should I march back in there and make them order yet another?
    with the slight oreo twist, I would say it wouldn't be worth returning it since the next might have the same issue, but if you have a huge discoloration, then I would definitely return it.
    I am on my 3rd and so far so good. The first was perfect but there was a problem with touchstone charging. The 2nd I only had a week an the slider was horrible, moved 4mm, completely unusable. The 3rd (now, typing this message) is pretty good. Slider is a little looser than first but I tightened it up tonight and now is is ok. Hardley any play at all now.
    Went to 2 different Best Buys in the Charlotte area to swap mine out and none of them had any units without a significant amount of twist right out of the box. Sunday is my 30 days... what to do...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    On my 2nd. First one didn't have the oreo issue but it got stuck in headset mode. The replacement has been working well so far but does have a bit of twist.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    I am on my 3rd and so far so good. The first was perfect but there was a problem with touchstone charging. The 2nd I only had a week an the slider was horrible, moved 4mm, completely unusable. The 3rd (now, typing this message) is pretty good. Slider is a little looser than first but I tightened it up tonight and now is is ok. Hardley any play at all now.
    How did you tighten it up?
    I will be on my fourth in about an hour. Fingers crossed!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am now on my third Pre. Unfortunately, I could have avoided having to turn in my original unit if I would have figured out that it was a software glitch causing my issues with my Exchange email account and draining my battery in less than an hour. The second exchange was done right after they gave it to me because the damn screen twisted like an oreo right out of the box.
    I'm getting ready to exchange for a third Pre.

My first Pre (purchased near launch) was perfect, until one day stupidity got the best of me and I dropped it on a hard floor and the screen would no longer respond to touch.

I got a replacement, but the replacement was of noticeably poorer quality -- had the oreo effect and a little bit of light bleed near the bottom of the LCD. Then, having failed to learn my lesson, I dropped this one again. The phone survived this time, but it got a nasty scratch on top. I tried to ignore it, but it just kept bugging the heck out of me. So I went to the Sprint store and whined about everything I hated on the phone until they ordered a replacement... heh.
    how do u guys so many free phones. Mine broke and i was not able to get one at all. I pressed the center button and the screen cracked. Palm said they would give me replacement phone for free but almost positive that phone is goin to have something wrong with it
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    1st: Dead pixel, unresponsive screen.
    2nd: Palm turns off when keyboard slides close
    3rd: Slider scratches when sliding. Issues with headset being stuck in headset mode.

On my 4th pre. There is a little gap at the top compared to my other ones and it twists slightly. I figured the gap is a good thing as it will prevent scratches on the mirror finish on back. The slight twist, i can live with. almost out of my 30 days. I hope this is the one!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just got my 4th Pre within the past week and it has been a nightmare. The one I have now seems really good. Slight movement with the screen, but thats it.

Im praying nothing else goes wrong because trying to find a good phone has been frustrating. Dealing with all of the morons at Best Buy and the Sprint store is no fun.

My phone was made on 8/10/2009 so hopefully that means newer ones are built better!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    How did you tighten it up?
    I took a razor blade and pushed between the 2 halves on the volume side. If you pull the battery you can see the slider rails. The part that slides on the rail is loose, I just pushed ir over and it is good so far. I am thunking I might need to do it every few months but it only takes seconds to do. I found pics somewhere on this site for how, but I don't remember where
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ok so i am on my third pre and this one the screen is loose i have gotten new pres before no questions ask but this time i am not they said that they needed to do a special order or something like that does this mean i am getting a refurb one and whats the deal with that policy i have insurance on my account..
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    1st. - Had dead pixels and "oreo" effect. (Didn't know this was a typical issue)
    2nd. - Exterior speaker died.
    3rd. - Up volume speaker is stuck - will exchange it tomorrow.
  20.    #200  
    Asking the Mods to close this poll. Appreciate all the responses. Very surprised by how many votes. Created an updated poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast