Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Got 2 pres yesterday and one of them has highly visible horizontal lines (about 4-5) that can be seen on any app. Seems to be part of the grid perhaps? About 3 dead pixels as well. The other pre has none of those issues.

Anyone have experience with replacing a pre with those horizontal lines?
    Last edited by mosdl; 06/21/2009 at 04:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Can you show pics of the horizontal lines?
    I'm sure they'll replace it
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Can you show pics of the horizontal lines?
    Attempts to take a pic failed to show them on the picture. They seem to be 1-2 pixel tall and of various widths, and the pixels are all quite reflective/metallic looking, which is what makes them stand out.

I probably should remove my Zagg shield to make sure it isn't that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Attempts to take a pic failed to show them on the picture. They seem to be 1-2 pixel tall and of various widths, and the pixels are all quite reflective/metallic looking, which is what makes them stand out.

I have the clear coat shield, and have something that seems similar. The lines don't go all the way across the screen, and I didn't notice them until after I added the clear coat. I'm considering getting a new shield and removing the current one just to make sure. no dead pixels at all though.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano19 View Post
    I have the clear coat shield, and have something that seems similar. The lines don't go all the way across the screen, and I didn't notice them until after I added the clear coat. I'm considering getting a new shield and removing the current one just to make sure. no dead pixels at all though.
    I bought mine at the mall (same as the pre) so I'll probably head out next week to have the zagg removed (paid for installing since I suck at applying shields) and see if that helps (I have some air bubbles still after 24 hours).

I've read other posts with similar horizontal lines and I believe they also were using Zagg shields.

I bought one but never used it. I don't think I'm going to either.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yea, if they are replacing because of splotches, I'm sure they'd replace it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Yea, if they are replacing because of splotches, I'm sure they'd replace it.
    I get splotches too when I run the gps tool, hmm
    I'll probably head out next week to have the zagg removed
    You can do it yourself. Just grab a corner and peel it off. It doesn't leave a film or anything. Pretty easy.