1.    #1  
    I've realized that the message alert tones are louder now with the new update 1.0.3, but when I'm talking on the phone the damn thing beeps loudly right in my ear! Anyone else experience this? Any fixes for this?
    yeah, its incredibly annoying... I get it too
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I haven't gotten a message while I'm on the phone yet. But I find it strange when I plus in the phone to charge, while on the phone, the person on the other line can hear the sound loud and clear. (and no the phone wasn't on speaker phone)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I found after the 1.0.3 update, the System Sounds in Sounds and Ringtones had been increased to the maximum volume. I had previously manually set that volume to about 75% on the slider.

In the keypad app, I selected Sounds and Ringtones and adjusted my volume to the middle of the slider and found that to be a more reasonable level for my personal taste.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Yeah its so annoying, this is why I went back to my blackberry the main reason is the lack of profiles/changing tones. I'd have to turn it on vibrate and miss calls all the time with the weak vibration. I wish palm would fix common things on such an "epic webOS", maybe they will?
    It is even worse if you have the headphones on.. Wow!!!
    Yeah, I had this happen to me the other day and it was very annoying. I haven't lowered it yet because I'm afraid to lose a message when I'm not on the phone talking and won't hear the tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    Yeah its so annoying, this is why I went back to my blackberry the main reason is the lack of profiles/changing tones. I'd have to turn it on vibrate and miss calls all the time with the weak vibration. I wish palm would fix common things on such an "epic webOS", maybe they will?
    You realize that blackberry's easily have the most customizable features on a phone that i know of?

haha its a bit daunting at first when I got my curve, but is really cool i'll agree.

However, one must think the average consumer wouldn't want to get involved with so many options....but I do hope they open that up a bit.
    i must completely agree here. in addition to not being able to turn down the LOUD keypad when dialing, the alerts kills my ears when I'm on the phone and get a text message. Ouch! Anybody see any place in the forums where someone is working on this as homebrew or patch?
    yep its f*cking annoying
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Very annoying and at times it increases and I havent touch the volume.
    Am I wrong in saying that this is a health and safety issue. Honestly if I get one more text or dropped call alert I think my eardrum will get damaged.
    Get the "no alert during call" patch
    Quote Originally Posted by sosos View Post
    Am I wrong in saying that this is a health and safety issue. Honestly if I get one more text or dropped call alert I think my eardrum will get damaged.
    I thought the volume of the alerts have been decreased in 1.3.1. Which OS version are you using?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!