Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Post pictures you took with your Palm Pre here.

To start off the thread, I'll start by posting side-by-side comparison pictures I took with my Palm Pre and my point-and-shoot 7.1mp Canon PowerShot SD750 (setting at 1600x1200).

I'm aware that this is not a fair comparison because of the Canon's brighter flash, advanced optics, and higher resolution, but it simply serves as a testament to the Palm Pre phone camera's exceptional image quality.

The pictures have been resized by 50% for easy viewing using XnView as to retain as much original quality as possible (Photoshop CS3 was being a pain with batch conversions).
    Last edited by smoresrock; 06/23/2009 at 10:55 AM.
  2.    #2  

Hulk with flash from Canon.

Hulk with flash from Pre.
  3.    #3  

Hulk no flash from Canon.

Hulk no Flash from Pre.
  4.    #4  

Cars with Canon.

Cars with Pre.
  5.    #5  

Chair with Canon.

Chair with Pre.
  6.    #6  

Doorknob with Canon.

Doorknob with Pre.
  7.    #7  

Complete darkness with flash (Canon).

Complete darkness with flash (Pre).
    Are you trying to make the point that the Pre's camera is really nice or that the pictures are not that nice... cause your pre pic is kinda blurry. I saw a post where I guy took a pic of his Chrysler outside and that pic was super sharp and clear.

Does the Pre have macro ability?

Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    Post pictures you took with your Palm Pre here.

To start off the thread, I'll start by posting side-by-side comparison pictures I took with my Palm Pre and my point-and-shoot 7.1mp Canon PowerShot SD750.

I'm aware that this is not a fair comparison because of the Canon's brighter flash, advanced optics, and higher resolution, but it simply serves as a testament to the Palm Pre phone camera's exceptional image quality.

The pictures have been resized by 50% for easy viewing using XnView as to retain as much original quality as possible (Photoshop CS3 was being a pain with batch conversions).
    Your outside pictures are much better than the inside pictures.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    in the hulk pictures, the background of the photo from the pre actually looks better then the picture from the canon.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Are you trying to make the point that the Pre's camera is really nice or that the pictures are not that nice... cause your pre pic is kinda blurry. I saw a post where I guy took a pic of his Chrysler outside and that pic was super sharp and clear.

Does the Pre have macro ability?
    i'm trying to point out that the Pre's pictures are somewhat comparable to even a recent point-and-shoot camera.

no macro settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Your outside pictures are much better than the inside pictures.
    the lighting was great, but for indoor shots, the Pre's are decent compared to camera phones i've seen in the past.
    Last edited by smoresrock; 06/21/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    It would also help if you resized your pics. They are too large plus scrolling left to right to see some of them is a pain.

Otherwise...interesting topic. The Pre camera looks pretty good in the long shots..like the parking lot pic.
  13.    #13  
    here's a picture i took with the Pre the first day i got it...

Game 4 of the 2009 NBA Finals here at the Amway Arena in Orlando, FL.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    It would also help if you resized your pics. They are too large plus scrolling left to right to see some of them is a pain.

Otherwise...interesting topic. The Pre camera looks pretty good in the long shots..like the parking lot pic.
    i did resize them. those are all 50% of the original. maybe i should have stepped it down to 25%? however, the people with bigger monitors that want to inspect the quality benefit from the current sizes.

Amazingly good! Nice shot!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Nice Pic. I love the camera on the Pre
    Well, I think the real test would be to go to your local pool and do some bikini shot comparisons. Just explain that you are doing some research with your new Palm Pre and maybe you'll get a lot of willing volunteers.

If that doesn't work, hide behind a bush!
    Thanks for the comparison, pretty much bears out what I've experienced. The Pre is great in good lighting, not so great in poor lighting and with the flash. That is, it's pretty much the same in that respect as the vast majority of cameraphones.

That said, I simply love how fast the camera is, and I've found that I use my cameraphone most when I'm out and about anyways. I almost always have a "real" digital camera with me, and so my Pre is for the most spontaneous shots when any captured image is better than none. In that sense, the Pre is simply remarkable because it takes almost no time to set up a picture and capture it--and then to take another.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  19.    #19  
    another reason why i love the phone on the pre...

i was driving around and snapped these pics on the whim, as you can see. i appreciate ferraris

another reason why i love the phone on the pre...

i was driving around and snapped these pics on the whim, as you can see. i appreciate ferraris

why u taking pictures of my car?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast