Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    why u taking pictures of my car?
    why u driving in my streetz?
  2. #22  
    gotta love Florida
  3. #23  
    Does anybody's have a slightly yellow color when using flash?
  4. #24  
    I dunno guys. These pictures look far better than I've ever seen from a phone. Especially the "cars" pic looks better from the Pre. As far as indoor and low light, yes quality goes down but still far and away better than other phones.

    (I'm talking about normal cell phones with cameras. I'm not talking about those huge candybars you find in Europe and Japan where it's really just a point and shoot that happens to have a dumphone built in.)
  5. #25  
    Here's from my Palm Pre:



    And here's from my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 digital camera:
  6. #26  
    the apartment looks sharper, but not bad i guess
  7. #27  
    Good thread. From seeing this thread and comparing many, many other pictures taken with the Pre, it seems like the general consensus is that the Pre takes pretty good pictures outdoors, while taking somewhat acceptable pictures indoors. Low light pictures can look pretty bad, but still better than most camera phones, and the flash definitely helps.

    For outdoor pics though, yeah, there aren't many Smart phones that can beat it.
  8. jtiis's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #28  
    hey, nice idea and well carried out too... Yeah, Pre's outdoor pics are really quite nice. I find the only thing is the camera (errr, phone) must be held very still - but good pics with good lighting. Indoors, not so much... but still better than nuttin'.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmGirl23 View Post
    Does anybody's have a slightly yellow color when using flash?
    Mine seems to when it's a darker scene. I haven't taken a whole lot yet but I'll play around with it more.

    By the way, if you're wondering why I thanked you it's because I like your avatar.
  10. #30  
    What's the time between shots?

    How fast is it to take the second shot with flash and then without?
  11. #31  
    Low light shots are going to suffer because the lens is a little chip of plastic and the sensor is small. In broad daylight there is more light to get into the camera so this has less of an effect.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    here's a picture i took with the Pre the first day i got it...

    Game 4 of the 2009 NBA Finals here at the Amway Arena in Orlando, FL.

    Did you get a good pic of Fisher's last second 3 to tie the game? YEAAAAHH!!!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Did you get a good pic of Fisher's last second 3 to tie the game? YEAAAAHH!!!
    Haha unfortunately not. I had my regular camera with me and didn't catch it w/that either! I just wasn't expecting that 3 to go in! What a game, though
  14. #34  
    Here is my pic. I don't own another camera to compare it with. But I have to say it takes great looking pics.

  15. #35  
    as a photographer, all i gotta say is that i love the camera on this phone beats the hell outta the treo 700 p
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
  16. twigg's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #36  
    I have to admit, those are really good quality pics. *Curses at iPhone 3GS*
  17. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    I have to admit, those are really good quality pics. *Curses at iPhone 3GS*
    I was pretty happy with my outdoor Pre photos, but indoor shots are terrible and the lack of autofocus/macro doesn't make sense for a 2009 flagship device.

    The problem is that the G1 and 3GS are both cheaper phones with superior cameras. Just do a flickr search to see the quality you can pull out of those things.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I was pretty happy with my outdoor Pre photos, but indoor shots are terrible and the lack of autofocus/macro doesn't make sense for a 2009 flagship device.

    The problem is that the G1 and 3GS are both cheaper phones with superior cameras. Just do a flickr search to see the quality you can pull out of those things.
    what we need are pictures from the G1 and 3GS posted on here to compare against the Pre's. plus, how is the 3GS cheaper than the Pre after the rebates?
  19.    #39  
    just did a quick search for iphone 3gs pics, and i can't believe these pics. they look amazing. do you guys think these are legit?

    iPhone 3GS camera quality, Sample pictures | iPhone Help !
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    just did a quick search for iphone 3gs pics, and i can't believe these pics. they look amazing. do you guys think these are legit?

    iPhone 3GS camera quality, Sample pictures | iPhone Help !
    They do look great, especially in low-light conditions.

    I found this thread in macforums which shows more photo samples, including video.

    iPhone 3G S - Camera quality - Samples?!?! - Page 3 - Mac Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions