Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Over the last 2 days, accuweather has really taken off and is now in lead over Pandora by 10K+ downloads. Pandora was leading all the way up till yesterday. I am very surprised at the sudden surge in AccuWeather downloads. It gained more than 10K downloads on Sat alone!
    It's crazy awesome, but I'm equally surprised. I see both as absolutely necessary!
    Why is accuweather so popular? In my mind, its just OK. Very basic weather info, non-animated radar. I would rather use weather.com/iphone (has a working animated weather radar)
    I would like to see a weather app that is able to alert you of warnings in the background, like on BB and winmo.
    I love the weather app! Its really cool looking, and it gives me all the information I need! I'd definitely pay for it (if they came out with one without the advertisement bar that pops out randomly).
    I use Where's weather function more. I also downloaded AccuWeather a few times because I was testing something on my phone.
    well there was an update on it yesterday i think that made more people download it when pandora does an update they will be back in the lead
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I use Where's weather function more. I also downloaded AccuWeather a few times because I was testing something on my phone.
    Where also uses accuweather's weather data, but gives you way more info. Just no radar is a downer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Where also uses accuweather's weather data, but gives you way more info. Just no radar is a downer.
    Yeah, I Prefer Where's weather info better then the AccuWeather App.. A lot more detail with Where's...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I find more info for weather geeks like me on Wunderground's iPhone site than anywhere else:

Weather Underground for iPhone

Check it out!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    I am very surprised at the sudden surge in AccuWeather downloads. It gained more than 10K downloads on Sat alone!
    Yeah but how many of those 10K downloads were immediately deleted once people saw those consistently annoying pop out ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    I find more info for weather geeks like me on Wunderground's iPhone site than anywhere else:

Weather Underground for iPhone

Check it out!
    its nice, but the animated radar is broken.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I really don't mind the occasional advertisement bar. Its a great app.
    Wow! I just thought about the amazing uses of webOS's notifications with weather apps. Severe storm alerts and such. Can't wait for weather.com to get its app up!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedecline View Post
    well there was an update on it yesterday i think that made more people download it when pandora does an update they will be back in the lead

Are there notifications when these apps get updates? How do you know when these things happen?

Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by thedecline View Post
    well there was an update on it yesterday i think that made more people download it
    Yes, I was one...hoping that the update got rid of the well, you know the thing I've been *****ing about all the time.
    I must say, I'm rather unimpressed with the Accuweather app, myself. Whenever I load it up, at best, it give me the conditions at the last location I was at. I have to force it to give me conditions at my current location, at it never updates.
    i actually liked the app well enough. but there's not a chance in hell im keeping an app with a advert banner paid for by some christian church. "God can save your marriage." ffs!
    On my blackberry I had weatherbug, I liked it a lot because it always showed me the current temp without me actually having to click on the app itself.

Did the iPhone have an app like this and/or do u think the pre will get something like this?
    How does the National Weather Service website look on the Pre? It's not pretty, but that's where most of the data comes from in the 1st place.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here...but I'd say the app catalog is counting EVERY download, whether it's an update, a new person downloading it or someone who has deleted it and re-downloaded the app. Also, with people that exchanged their pre, the palm profile probably just re-downloads the app from the app catalog as well (that's why your settings are not saved).

just my opinion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast