1.    #1  
    So if I have AIM or a text message window open, and I get a notification from one of those, why does it still appear as an icon on the bottom if I am in the window where the notification came from? Seems pointless to me!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    In text if you are in that person's thread a new text notification will pop up in that thread but if it's from someone else...then it'll show it in the bottom.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    just swipe it off if you don't want to see it... pretty painless.
  4.    #4  
    i know, but it seems kind of gimmicky why they would have to put a notification if you are in the same window that it is occurring in.
    Storino, I know what you mean. I was talking on gchat with someone, and the alerts for when they IM me at the bottom remain there even while I'm talking to the person. Its no big deal to swipe it off, but it would be nice if it registered that the conversation was open.
    None of the notifications bother me save one. The alarm app. I would rather the alarm app show at the top instead of the bottom. Of course I can just turn it off, but I need the daily alarm and I do not want to forget turning it back on. The alarm app notice should only show at the bottom if you did not acknowledge the alarm IMO. Pre still kicks ***!
  7.    #7  
    You mean the bell icon when you turn the alarm on? You can swipe it off the screen and the alarm will still go off at the designated time.
    Odd, I'm not using AIM but with SMS they go away on there own when you view the thread.

But how annoying is it really? You can always swipe the notification away.
    Given that we're able to sync email with IMAP servers, one annoyance of mine is that if I delete the email from the server via another device, say Outlook, the notification doesn't disappear until I remove it manually. The Pre should use its always-on mail sync to remove the notification once it realizes that the email that prompted the notification no longer exists. That shouldn't be hard to implement.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    So if I have AIM or a text message window open, and I get a notification from one of those, why does it still appear as an icon on the bottom if I am in the window where the notification came from? Seems pointless to me!
    If you dismiss the alert, the icons go away. They're there to let you know you haven't acknowledged the alert.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    You mean the bell icon when you turn the alarm on? You can swipe it off the screen and the alarm will still go off at the designated time.
    Well, it sounded as though you were talking about other notification types since you said you were already in the app, but yes, you can swipe the alarm icon off if it is just there to show you that one is set. I do it all the time.

If it is a pop up because the alarm has gone off, it will dismiss the alarm and will be turned off for that instance -- actually, if the alarm has gone off, you have to click on a large dismiss button -- so yes, even the alarm icon