Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know whether it's because of of my new Airave or because of the 1.0.3 update (I got both at the same time). But my Pre's battery life has been great over the last couple of days. I have everything turned on including push email as it arrives with vibrate notification because I refuse to turn everything off and lose functionality just so I can say battery life is good; if battery life is good it should be good even when you actually use a device.

For example, today I took my Pre off the charger at 6:00 am. It is now 9:30 am and my Pre still shows 100% (I haven't used it except to occasionally check the battery level). This is far better than before. Over that last day I've been using the Pre moderately including email, streaming with Pandora, web browsing, text messages and a few phone calls (my normal usage pattern) and based on what I'm seeing from battery life I should easily be able to get 1.5 days or more of normal use without needing to recharge. And that's with the stock battery; I took my Seidio extended battery out and forgot to put it back in. (Maybe the stock battery actually gives better life than the Seidio?) That's more than acceptable and officially removes battery life as a concern I have.

This is far from my very first full charge where I only got 4.5 hours! I like it! I am very pleased!

EDIT: Darn it I spelled "Awesome" wrong in the title. Why do I make spelling mistakes mostly in places I can't fix?
    Last edited by clipcarl; 06/21/2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Yep, I took my phone off of the charger early on Friday morning and when I got to work a couple hours later it was still at 100%.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I keep thinking the meter is wrong and it's going to die any minute.
  4.    #4  
    Wow. It's now 11:00 am (5 hours later) and the meter still says 100%. Either Palm worked some serious voodoo or the battery indicator isn't accurate. I'm going to be an optimist and say that Palm worked some voodoo!

Maybe it's like my car's fuel gauge: It goes about 60+ miles on a full tank with the needle stuck on "Full" but once the needle starts going down it goes fast!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I'm at the point where even if the indicator is wrong the battery life is still better than it used to be.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    1.03 made the battery life much much better for me too!
    I think the battery has to be broken in, keep topping it off as much as you can, a few days later, you'll see better results.
  8.    #8  
    OK, this is ridiculous. 9 hours later and I'm still at 100% (in standby with no use). If you do the math that would be at least 900 hours of standby time total which is of course preposterous. Clearly my battery indicator is no longer accurate since the update.

So I wonder how much battery life I really have left? I have no idea because I sure can't tell from this phone!
    There is no such thing breaking in of Lithium batteries as far as I know.

As to the 100% hours later, my BB Curve stays at 100% for days with no use, so it is possible that the Pre is now nearly as efficient as the BB when not in use.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    OK, this is ridiculous. 9 hours later and I'm still at 100% (in standby with no use). If you do the math that would be at least 900 hours of standby time total which is of course preposterous. Clearly my battery indicator is no longer accurate since the update.

So I wonder how much battery life I really have left? I have no idea because I sure can't tell from this phone!
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right. Mine is going down but very slowly

BTW, 38% remaining at approx. 43 hours since charging!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by clipcarl:
    Use the darn thing and get back to us. If it stays at 100% with use, we'll all know the update messed up your phone. I have the update and mine is not staying at 100%. If I use it, the meter moves. By use I mean listen to Pandora, open e-mails, make calls; you know normal cell usage.
    My battery life has been all over the place. I can't figure it out. My usage has been fairly consistent.
    mine's good, i'm happy. : )
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right. Mine is going down but very slowly

BTW, 38% remaining at approx. 43 hours since charging!!!!!!!
    You disgust me. With moderate use I can barely make it through a full day.
  15.    #15  
    Well, finally dropped down to 98% after 9 hours 15 minutes. Obviously, the battery meter is not accurate right now. It's possible it needs to be recalibrated so I'm going to use the phone until it runs dead and see how long I really get. I suspect based on recent experience that it will still be outstanding even if the meter is a little wonky now.

BTW, I'm posting from my phone sitting outdoors waiting for my car to be washed and the phone's screen still looks fantastic and readable even in direct sunlight! I may not say it enough but I really, really like this phone!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    You disgust me. With moderate use I can barely make it through a full day.
    Well, to be honest, I've been using mine less than moderately. I've had about 4 or 5 calls, several texts, one app update and minimal browsing. BT only paired for about 6 hours.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Well, finally dropped down to 98% after 9 hours 15 minutes. Obviously, the battery meter is not accurate right now. It's possible it needs to be recalibrated so I'm going to use the phone until it runs dead and see how long I really get. I suspect based on recent experience that it will still be outstanding even if the meter is a little wonky now.

BTW, I'm posting from my phone sitting outdoors waiting for my car to be washed and the phone's screen still looks fantastic and readable even in direct sunlight! I may not say it enough but I really, really like this phone!
    Do you have it on Airplane mode?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Well, to be honest, I've been using mine less than moderately. I've had about 4 or 5 calls, several texts, one app update and minimal browsing. BT only paired for about 6 hours.
    What is your screen brightness?
    Moderate use today. Took it off the charger around 9:30/10:00. It's almost 7 here and the battery is at 66%. Two or three phone calls, 50 or 60 text messages and a dozen emails or so. Very very little web surfing.

Can't complain about that at all.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    What is your screen brightness?
    The slider's at probably about 35% (whatever the default was). And set to turn off after 1 minute.

It's bright enough that I didn't even consider the need to change it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast