Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Do you have it on Airplane mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    What is your screen brightness?

What they said,

Airplane mode gives you crazy battery.
    yep. I installed 1.0.3 last night. full charge over night. lighter use than normal during the day, but still over 70%. MUCH BETTER! maybe I can use it at the end of the work day now.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    What they said,

Airplane mode gives you crazy battery.
    No, I'm not in airplane mode. Everything is turned on all the time (phone, WiFi and Bluetooth).

I do turn the brightness very low (right between the 'G' and the 'H' in "brightness") because the screen looks great that low and there's no reason to waste battery on brightness I don't need.

So far it's been 11.5 hours and I'm at 85% which is great if accurate. For the first 9 hours I didn't use the phone but since then I've been using it somewhat heavily-- web browsing, text messages, email but only 1 very short phone call. Probably more calls would drain it a lot faster. I've been in areas with 4 or 5 bars most of the day.
    My battery life has been great too ever since the 1.0.3 update but I gotta say(semi-rant), that Palm needs to get their act together on the hardware... This whole stuck/dead pixel business on both of my Pres is really starting to annoy me... Gotta love WebOS though!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    My battery life has been great too ever since the 1.0.3 update but I gotta say(semi-rant), that Palm needs to get their act together on the hardware... This whole stuck/dead pixel business on both of my Pres is really starting to annoy me... Gotta love WebOS though!
    I hear you. The one I'm using right now is on the exchange waiting list because it now has 11 stuck pixels last time I checked (the number keeps going up). I've already exchanged one for having a bad screen so I'm going to #3.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Wow. It's now 11:00 am (5 hours later) and the meter still says 100%. Either Palm worked some serious voodoo or the battery indicator isn't accurate. I'm going to be an optimist and say that Palm worked some voodoo!

Maybe it's like my car's fuel gauge: It goes about 60+ miles on a full tank with the needle stuck on "Full" but once the needle starts going down it goes fast!
    My car does that too and I hate it! haha, trying to trick us
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I feel like mine has actually gotten a little worse. Normally with a couple calls and some surfing I'm at 30% by the end of the day. Now I'm at 10% after the same usage. I'll see tomorrow though when its not the weekend and I'm back to the standards work week usage.
    For everyone that is in love with the battery power..Question...When you did charge it was it on on the touchstone or was it plugged in?
    TS here.
    Just updated to 1.03, prior my battery too barely made it 8 hours w/normal use. We'll see how it goes. I do not use Touch Stone.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I haven't been keeping track of overall life, but I am finishing up watching a full 1:47 movie and the battery has only dropped about 30%, with about 8 or 9 pause and walk away for 5 minutes moments. Better then I expected. I am happy with battery life overall.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I haven't been keeping track of overall life, but I am finishing up watching a full 1:47 movie and the battery has only dropped about 30%, with about 8 or 9 pause and walk away for 5 minutes moments. Better then I expected. I am happy with battery life overall.
    I may have a bad battery or something. I'll try a 2 hour movie to compare battery drain with yours, but I'm guessing mine will drain faster.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjschaef View Post
    For everyone that is in love with the battery power..Question...When you did charge it was it on on the touchstone or was it plugged in?
    Last charge was via USB plugged into my laptop. I have to say, I ran it completely dry twice since launch day and extremely low a couple other times.

BTW, still have 16% remaining at just about 50 hours since last charge.
    The whole dead pixel thing is pretty weird. I can swear I read somewhere that the lcd screens are mady by Sony; not exactly some brand I've never heard of. Sony's usually pretty good about quality control.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjschaef View Post
    I don't have a touchstone yet so I plug from wall socket to usb. I use a generic 3rd party micro USB wall charger bought at Fry's.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    The whole dead pixel thing is pretty weird. I can swear I read somewhere that the lcd screens are mady by Sony; not exactly some brand I've never heard of. Sony's usually pretty good about quality control.
    I honestly don't the problem is the screens. They seem to be very high quality screens. I think the problem is whoever is assembling the phones is jamming these nice screens in improperly and turning a nice screen into a crappy one.

All of the production model Pres I had seen before today had distortion, cloudiness, blotches and / or bad pixels. Usually they had a combination of more than one. But I was at Best Buy today and they had a Pre that was apparently made last week (well, the warranty date was last week whatever that means) and it's screen was perfect from what I could tell. I couldn't see anything at all wrong with it even with the brightness all the way up and and my nose practically on the screen. But it was their demo unit so maybe Palm makes sure to send the cream of the crop for demo units. But then again the demo units I've seen at my local Sprint store had problems too when I saw them on launch day.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Final update, 8% remaining at roughly 54 hours. Could probably squeak out 56 hours but I'm off to bed.
    From the time I started reading this post to now, mine has gone down 5% ...tho I don't have an airrave...and I'm at 1 bar...
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Ya, so after a full charge, I started a movie, with the sound turned down and I'm at 75% only 56 minutes in. This battery must be bad. There's no way I can get the same results that some other people are getting.

EDIT: 1:32 minutes, 58% remaining. Not good.
    Last edited by notabun; 06/22/2009 at 08:55 AM.
    I visited my parents this weekend. Called them a few times ("we're leaving", etc), checked a few websites throughout the weekend. I left Sat morning (off the charger around 10am) and put it back on the touchstone Sunday night at 10pm with 8% battery left. I was very pleased!

I wasn't trying to "conserve" the battery either. I took the charger along in case I wanted it charged.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast