Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone ever find an animated weather map that works?

Much appreciated...
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post

Much appreciated...
    Weather.com does if you're on OS.3

Much appreciated...
    weather.com/iphone
    Uh, wow....that is way better than the weather app. Just bookmarked a link to my zip. Thanks.

Much appreciated...
    Accuweather, pull up your local image, then to the upper right look for enhanced radar click on that. The animation on that works on our phones.
    As I mentioned in another thread, if it's pure data that you want (incl. animated maps) check out the Wunderground site formatted for iPhone:

Weather Underground for iPhone
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, if it's pure data that you want (incl. animated maps) check out the Wunderground site formatted for iPhone:

Weather Underground for iPhone
    Unfortunately, what you didn't say (here or in the other thread) is that the animated maps from weather underground don't work on the pre.... Otherwise i.wund.com is awesome.

Or have you found a way to get the animations working?

rotello
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomyah View Post
    Accuweather, pull up your local image, then to the upper right look for enhanced radar click on that. The animation on that works on our phones.
    Is this the Accuweather app that you can download from the phone?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hmmm.. I just updated my Pre to webOS 1.0.3 last night, rebooted and then tried various weather radar sites and still do not see any animation. This is very disappointing for me as I am a pilot and need animated radar to see which way the storms/cells are moving!

I even tried the "Weather Underground for iPhone" site mentioned above and animation does not work.

Randy
    None of these sites r showing animation for me. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    On the Weather Channel site, click on 'Maps' at the bottom, and then 'radar' on the left. After that, click on 'loop' on the right. There is your animated radar.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg6942 View Post
    weather.com/iphone
    as gregg mentioned this does work...once you set your location and loads you need to use the icons at the bottom of the screen to switch to maps...once in maps, select both the loop icon and radar icon.

the only thing this does not do, is allow you to pan around the map to locate any storms heading your way. it looks like a 150 mile(approx.) radius from your location. you can also signup for weather alerts(sent directly to your phone - just click "more weather") in your area with lots of features...pretty cool.

i am going to try Jomyah suggestion however and see if that does work. thanks Jomyah.
    Last edited by Wendellp; 06/21/2009 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    It is not an app, go on your computer pull up your local radar, look for the enhanced version, then send yourself the link in an email, its easier that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Wow!!!! I finally got this to work! Thanks so much. My Pre kept sending me to the mobile version of the site so I had to use google on the Pre to get to the main page of Accuweather. From there it was pretty simple. Zip code, Maps, Animate, it worked.

I have been trying to make this work ever since I got the Pre and could not. I am not a big fan of weather.com as they never seem to get my forecast right. Thanks so much!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    On the Weather Channel site, click on 'Maps' at the bottom, and then 'radar' on the left. After that, click on 'loop' on the right. There is your animated radar.
    this site always works for me (weather.com/iphone)...the others , I have not been able to get any animations yet.
    3 more posts and I can post the link to accuweather enhanced radar here, not only can you zoom on your screen, but the map can actually be zoomed in and out for region or only your city. If our browser ever supports .gif annimations the free web version of mycast is the absolute BOMB for accuracy and looks. You can check out a still radar at mycast dot com the free web version.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg6942 View Post
    this site always works for me (weather.com/iphone)...the others , I have not been able to get any animations yet.
    That is the Weather Channel site. When you are viewing the radar map, click on 'loop' in the lower right hand corner. Viola, animation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomyah View Post
    3 more posts and I can post the link to accuweather enhanced radar here, not only can you zoom on your screen, but the map can actually be zoomed in and out for region or only your city. If our browser ever supports .gif annimations the free web version of mycast is the absolute BOMB for accuracy and looks. You can check out a still radar at mycast dot com the free web version.
    this is much better than the weather.com one...tho I can't tell if it's animating, seems to be no storms in the area,
    thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I use justweather.com. Downside is that they aren't in alot of cities.
    Yes, it works great!..animation,scrolling,zooming...thanks Jomyah!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast