Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Via some fairly high placed people at Sprint and with confirmation of the rumors from the Palm rep I spoke with yesterday, I bring you video camera capability.

This will be launched at the same time or just after the release of the SDK which should be somewhere around the first of August. One thing that is not sure is whether this will be a 3rd party app or a Pre native app. Either way, good news.

The one thing my IPhone 3G S friends had on me will be no more.

Update 8/3- Still coming, but likely will be later than I had hoped.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/03/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    All HAIL Jeebus lol.

This sounds like great news, though I wouldn't be too optimistic until a guaranteed release date is announced officially lol.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I thought that this feature only mattered to 13yo girls. What are you going to be taking video of that is so important, but not important enough to bring a camcorder? Nearly every other phone I've owned has had video recording, but other than screwing around, I never used it once.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazntino View Post
    All HAIL Jeebus lol.

This sounds like great news, though I wouldn't be too optimistic until a guaranteed release date is announced officially lol.
    It's funny, but the reason stated why they didn't include it at launch was that they wanted something big to announce in conjunction with the SDK. More press, I guess.... ah poetry.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I thought that this feature only mattered to 13yo girls. What are you going to be taking video of that is so important, but not important enough to bring a camcorder? Nearly every other phone I've owned has had video recording, but other than screwing around, I never used it once.
    I have 3 kids and a blog. Would be nice to capture moments and post those rather than have them lost to memory.
    I didn't use it much on my 755p but I have a pending court case against a TV repair shop that broke my LCD. The footage I have was shot using my 755p. So...it comes in handy from time to time but not a "need" for me.

I would like to have it to shoot vids of my daughter so I can send it to my mom's phone from time to time. It would be quick and easy.
    Why would you buy a camcorder if you could take small insignificant videos on your phone ... My centro which was half the price of the Pre for most (free for me, thanks Acct. Services lol) had video recording and i used it for every party or funny moment i could capture, worth it for me ....

Sometimes pictures can't capture the same moments, now what kinds of resolution will this so called future video rec app have is another story
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    If a phone is capable of Video Recording; then why not include it? It just makes the phone, and it's software that much more desirable.
    "..this will definitely prevail."
    It is not a feature on a phone I use very often but nice to have the option.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazntino View Post
    If a phone is capable of Video Recording; then why not include it? It just makes the phone, and it's software that much more desirable.
    From my earlier post:

It's funny, but the reason stated why they didn't include it at launch was that they wanted something big to announce in conjunction with the SDK. More press, I guess.... ah poetry.

That said, I wish they did include it at first.
    good to hear that in the 60 day timeframe they have big news for us...

NOW the question of the year is FLASH!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    From my earlier post:

That said, I wish they did include it at first.
    Well I definitely agree with that. But as Noah from phonedogg would say .. "Palm, Sprint. You need to release the Palm Pre as soon as possible.."

Although it would be nice to have it at initial release. Something to look forward to also has it's gains. Well who are we to complain about features though, although we are the consumer, we are not the developers. When we purchase something, there will always be trade-offs.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    As others have said, it would be beneficial for unplanned events... say like when the mothership flies by overhead, or when you spot sasquatch when hiking.
    Via some fairly high placed people at Sprint and with confirmation of the rumors from the Palm rep I spoke with yesterday, I bring you video camera capability.

This will be launched at the same time or just after the release of the SDK which should be somewhere around the first of August. One thing that is not sure is whether this will be a 3rd party app or a Pre native app. Either way, good news.

Would seem to be good news. However, a character by the name of northside and others may call you a liar, claiming you are a palm plant making up some fake story that you "heard" rumors about in some "store" or whatever. What`s the name of the store you were in? Whats the phone number of that store? Your IP address may be investigated for "planting" this information out there, since you are claiming "other people`s" thoughts as your own and trying to take credit.

Just joshin Pogey. Having some fun with all this stuff here.
    Pogeypete, weren't you the one that got our hopes up with prior to launch saying Premier customers would get an email allowing them to buy early lol?

Oh well....I'm still going to believe you on this one because I want to see video on this camera so badly
    You forgot about the virtual landscape keyboard.
    This would be very nice but I'll believe it when I see it. Many of pogeypetey's posts have been shall we say "accuracy challenged" in the past some so I'm taking this with a grain of salt. And, yes, he's the one that swore that Sprint Premier customers would be able to purchase the Pre on the Friday before release.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    You forgot about the virtual landscape keyboard.
    Virtual landscape keyboard on a Palm Pre? I'd rather have them develop a new phone design if not different similar in size but tweek the slide out keyboard.

As the keyboard slides out vertically; afterwards an option to rotate or 'swing' the vertical keyboard to the left as it ends up vertical towards the now 'landscaped positioned screen of the phone.' I'm very good at my descriptions, but I hope this is clear enough.
    Honestly, I get tired of hauling a GPS, phone, camera, camcorder, etc all around plus all the chargers, cases, memory cards, spare batteries, etc. It would be nice to have it all in one device which is becoming more popular all the time. Plus there's always that special moment with the kids you want to catch when you don't have the camcorder with you. Usually something silly that wouldn't be worth the time to get out the camcorder, but with your phone 2 seconds away, you have a 60 second memory forever.
    It's more for times when you didn't THINK you'd need a camcorder, but then suddenly something wacky happens and you feel the spontaneous need to upload whatever spectacle you're witnessing to Youtube.

Now if you immediately upload the video to MySpace, then yeah - you're probably a 13yo girl.

-n8
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast