Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Sweet!
    If Palm says something is going to happen directly is it still a rumor? I would think at the time a company officially says something it would be fact and no longer rumor.

I sure hope when this feature eventually comes out it is packaged all together under the same camera app. It would seem kind of dumb to have to have one app for photo and have to open a completely different app for video.
    Just my $.02
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    If Palm says something is going to happen directly is it still a rumor? I would think at the time a company officially says something it would be fact and no longer rumor.

I sure hope when this feature eventually comes out it is packaged all together under the same camera app. It would seem kind of dumb to have to have one app for photo and have to open a completely different app for video.
    Just my $.02
    I think it would be separated, just like it was on that android theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I have 3 kids and a blog. Would be nice to capture moments and post those rather than have them lost to memory.
    Or more realisticly lost to lack of memory.
    we need a camcorderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I think it would be separated, just like it was on that android theme.
    +1
    Had one app for photos and camera on my touch pro - hated having to switch after launching the app.. would prefer two apps.
    -m
    At least it looks like one pre user already has video recording/editing on his pre. Too bad I'm not Peter Mehlman.

Why a Former 'Seinfeld' Writer Loves His Palm Pre - Advertising Age - Madison+Vine: News
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    At least it looks like one pre user already has video recording/editing on his pre. Too bad I'm not Peter Mehlman.

Why a Former 'Seinfeld' Writer Loves His Palm Pre - Advertising Age - Madison+Vine: News
    Sounds like it will be able to edit! that will be awesome!

I bet they name it something dumb like 'precorder' or 'premotion'

I personally like the name, 'video' got a nice ring to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Sounds like it will be able to edit! that will be awesome!

I bet they name it something dumb like 'precorder' or 'premotion'

I personally like the name, 'video' got a nice ring to it.
    Careful there! You're coming dangerously close to violating the ban on "pre-puns." I wouldn't want you to get banned. =)

Personally, I like the ring of PreVo.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I have 3 kids and a blog. Would be nice to capture moments and post those rather than have them lost to memory.
    I upload to my Blogger from my Pre and I used the Treo Video all the time
    for work and for family time
    I would like to also see live streaming to Qik. We can all be on the scene reporters!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Video recording and notification light please.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You don't need to keep posting that in every thread. This isn't an official Palm forum - we can't add anything to your phone.

If you want to see what apps are currently available, hit up the official app catalog or head over to the Homebrew Forum - tons of great apps there.
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I thought that this feature only mattered to 13yo girls. What are you going to be taking video of that is so important, but not important enough to bring a camcorder? Nearly every other phone I've owned has had video recording, but other than screwing around, I never used it once.
    Yeah, I agree.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I thought that this feature only mattered to 13yo girls. What are you going to be taking video of that is so important, but not important enough to bring a camcorder? Nearly every other phone I've owned has had video recording, but other than screwing around, I never used it once.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Yeah, I agree.
    Oh please. Conference Calling. Instant Messaging. Text Messaging. Music Sharing. MMS. Facebook.

All these things were once mislabeled as novelties "for little girls" before they jumped into mainstream hands and revealed how useful they are. If you fail to see the convenience of video recording in your phone then you either have no kids, no happy memories, no exciting disasters or no friends.
    Last edited by Urkel; 08/20/2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Oh please. Conference Calling. Instant Messaging. Text Messaging. Music Sharing. MMS. Facebook.

All these things were once mislabeled as novelties "for little girls" before they jumped into mainstream hands and revealed how useful they are. If you fail to see the convenience of video recording in your phone then you either have no kids, no happy memories, no exciting disasters or no friends.
    Like the man said, if these things are that important to you, maybe you should be using a real camcorder. I have no use for video either. Your axiom that this implies I have no happy life is just plain false.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Video in itself is not really on my list, but what would be needed for an extremely awesome app like Layar (Layar) the run on the Pre is that we have SDK access to a (continuous) camera feed...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Like the man said, if these things are that important to you, maybe you should be using a real camcorder.
    If a keyboard is that important to you then use a desktop keyboard
    If pictures are that important to you then use a DSLR
    If an audible response is important to you then email an mp3 of your laugh instead of typing LOL
    Call quality, GPS, Internet Speed, Video and a ton of other things are far superior on another standalone device. But why is it awesome when it's on a phone? Because it's on a phone and not some standalone device that collects dust in your closet.

"The best camera/internet/video/communications device is the one you are currently carrying" and smartphones are becoming the definition of that saying. Not only is your phone capable of doing all this stuff, the photo/video/audio quality are often comparable or better than the stuff we have archived from our old VHS, cassette tapes or Polaroids.

Seriously, this is like trying to explain a smartphone to an old lady in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I have no use for video either. Your axiom that this implies I have no happy life is just plain false.
    Well that's great. But video recording is coming out anyway so the real test of your stance that "I have no use for video" will be when it gets released and you consciously try to convince yourself that you have no use for this free technology. My bet is within a week you'll use it simply because it's there.
    Last edited by Urkel; 08/20/2009 at 02:42 PM.
    um... didn't you guys see Cloverfield? case closed.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    um... didn't you guys see Cloverfield? case closed.
    that made me LOL
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast