Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    One always needs ****ty concert video! Wheres the video recording already!?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The one thing my IPhone 3G S friends had on me will be no more.
    Don't forget about the iPhone's MUCH better copy and paste functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    Don't forget about the iPhone's MUCH better copy and paste functions.
    I actually hate the IPhone C&P function. Its annoying at times, when I just want to tap at a spot and the 3 words come up (select all, copy ect). Also sometime the dragging part gets annoying. Its better than the pre's but its not super special.
    I thought the purpose of having a nice camera on the pre was to lose the digital camera. I can't do that if I got to carry the digital with me to capture 30 secs of video, of a growing baby silly moments. This is one feature I can't wait to have.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I hate to be "that guy" but the OP also had "fairly good sources/connections" that told him Sprint Premier customers would get an email the day before allowing them to purchase the phone a day early.

He was wrong.

SDK has been out for a couple of weeks now and no video recording capability...even past the first of August.

OPs track record shows he is nothing but a sensationalist. I am beginning to think his "credible sources" are nothing more than silly voices in his head that he needs to stop listening to.
    Actually, in mytreo.net forum one of the threads mentions 5 things that a Pre spokesmen stated we will be getting within the next 40 days. One of the things is video recording. All of them were things that I've seen people ask for on this forum.

I also recall another thread, in this forum, but I don't remember which one it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but the OP also had "fairly good sources/connections" that told him Sprint Premier customers would get an email the day before allowing them to purchase the phone a day early.

He was wrong.

SDK has been out for a couple of weeks now and no video recording capability...even past the first of August.

OPs track record shows he is nothing but a sensationalist. I am beginning to think his "credible sources" are nothing more than silly voices in his head that he needs to stop listening to.
    ......damn!!! Lol
    Hopefully it's not just a barebones recorder ... the ability to trim the video and upload it to YouTube from within the app would be wonderful. Though I have the feeling neither feature will be there on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    One always needs ****ty concert video! Wheres the video recording already!?
    My nephew shot some live footage of us on Wednesday using his Blackberry, and it actually looked and sounded pretty good! I was amazed, my previous phones have had such crappy, choppy video recording that I sort of dismissed the feature. NOW I WANT!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    We haven't gotten things that have been confirmed way before the pre was even released... (I.e. Yahoo synergy, IM... Etc.) what makes anyone think we'll get features that aren't even confirmed?????
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Split50 View Post
    We haven't gotten things that have been confirmed way before the pre was even released... (I.e. Yahoo synergy, IM... Etc.) what makes anyone think we'll get features that aren't even confirmed?????
    my sentiments exactly.
  12.    #112  
    Video may have been pushed back due to the EAS update in 1.1.0.

Not enough devs available. Still looks to be a third party app though. The Pre has the hardware to do it, just need to wait for the App.

Also, considering the SDK came out sooner than I thought, everything is up in the air now.

Certainties:

Video is coming to the Pre

Video is coming this year

Almost certainties:

Third Party App

Basic Video - i.e. no Iphone like video editing.
  13.    #113  

He was wrong.

Funny. Setting the facts straight...

1. Everyone, and I mean everyone was saying Sprint Premier customers would get the Pre first. It turned out that the qty of Pre's available at launch precluded that. It is not sensationalism to give the facts as they are at the moment.

2. Video was part of Palm developer blogs back in March. Trust me it is coming.

3. My exact words were "around the first of August", not around August 1st. However, even if it doesn't come in August or September, it will come. So tone down the sarcastic name calling.

I provided the facts as they were available to me in June. So I guess you have never heard of any company anywhere delaying the release of a product or feature? You mean that Palm put out the Pre exactly when they said they would, without any official/unofficial rumors? No lag time at all? Give me a break.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/02/2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Funny. Setting the facts straight...

1. Everyone, and I mean everyone was saying Sprint Premier customers would get the Pre first. It turned out that the qty of Pre's available at launch precluded that. It is not sensationalism to give the facts as they are at the moment.

2. Video was part of Palm developer blogs back in March. Trust me it is coming.

3. My exact words were "around the first of August", not around August 1st. However, even if it doesn't come in August or September, it will come. So tone down the sarcastic name calling.

I provided the facts as they were available to me in June. So I guess you have never heard of any company anywhere delaying the release of a product or feature? You mean that Palm put out the Pre exactly when they said they would, without any official/unofficial rumors? No lag time at all? Give me a break.
    You really took my comments out of context. I don't care about companies delaying whatever for whenever...that is most definitely NOT what my comment was on.

I'm just sick of people like you who make statements that one could "assume" would make you an authority on the topic at hand due to your "privileged" information from "high up officials/representatives from company XYZ".

You are most definitely wrong on at least two occasions...seems like you need to get some new "sources".

And for the record, YOU were the ONLY one on these message boards who were telling people during the final week that the Pre was available to Premier customers a day early. Trust me, it is sensationalism to assure people two days before the launch that Premier customers would get an email allowing them to get the phone early (when everyone who called their local Sprint stores was told otherwise, and I mean EVERYONE).

Those were the "facts at the time".

And just for your reference, not that its a big deal, but there is no such thing as "an official rumor"...that's an oxymoron
    my goodness...y do ppl have to argue/fight over these threads...seriously?!
  16.    #116  
    Palm said it would happen. Official rumor means the source of the rumor/speculation is from Palm, not some mysterious source. I am done with this thread...feel free to talk about me behind my back.
    OK....He's gone. Let's talk about him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    OK....He's gone. Let's talk about him!
    lol
    ZiplokeR, aka.... amsterdamAL
    You really took my comments out of context. I don't care about companies delaying whatever for whenever...that is most definitely NOT what my comment was on.

I'm just sick of people like you who make statements that one could "assume" would make you an authority on the topic at hand due to your "privileged" information from "high up officials/representatives from company XYZ".

You are most definitely wrong on at least two occasions...seems like you need to get some new "sources".

And for the record, YOU were the ONLY one on these message boards who were telling people during the final week that the Pre was available to Premier customers a day early. Trust me, it is sensationalism to assure people two days before the launch that Premier customers would get an email allowing them to get the phone early (when everyone who called their local Sprint stores was told otherwise, and I mean EVERYONE).

Those were the "facts at the time".

And just for your reference, not that its a big deal, but there is no such thing as "an official rumor"...that's an oxymoron
    You two fighting is funny. But I agree with you. While things can get delayed, sources usually have updates about things being delayed in advance so an update from these sources would've been told to the original poster.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Sounds like most of you have never worked for a hardware or software company. When I worked at Oracle, we'd get release dates straight from Larry...communicate em down to our customers, etc...

and they'd slip...ALL THE TIME...or what would be released would be so awful you'd wish they hadn't released it at all...cut the OP some slack. Sometimes we'd get advance word of things slipping...usually not...they'd typically leave enough lag time in the estimate that they could cover themselves...

Like "end of Q1" would end up being an announcement of the new release on the last day of Q1, but nothing would actually be available to ship...until the middle of the first month of Q2 (15 days later)...or even beyond that...
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast