Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    Needed for encounters with the police.
    ???? If you are the type of person that is attracting the attention of the police and then acting in such a way as to provoke a physical response from them that would warrant video capture you have much larger problems than if your Pre can record video or not. Just saying.

But ya, it would be still be nice to have.
    For example you are at the club and then you see will.i.am punch Perez Hilton. Perfect example of when a video camera is needed.
    Great news. Unlike the Apple Palm didn't force us to buy another phone to get this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    For example you are at the club and then you see will.i.am punch Perez Hilton. Perfect example of when a video camera is needed.
    lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    tell that to Rodney King
    can't we all just get along?
    Quote Originally Posted by htmiller2000 View Post
    I found this in the online chapter of the WebOs book by Mitch Allen - and I wonder what he means when he says that "Video and audio capture is not supported in the initial webOS...but it is inherently supported by the architecture. Does that mean it can be created as an app or an update to the WebOS? Or not?
    It just means that the hardware will do it, when the software is written.
    Reminds me of the treo600 - a free 3rd party app (movierec?) came out a few months after release. No doubt, the hardware is capable. Hopefully the app will be free or come with an OS update.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    phone with one new feature < phone with one new, more useful feature

Video recording is nice to have, but there's so many other things that I'd rather see first, such as true copy/paste, sdk, actual options for e-mail, smoother scrolling, selective contact synchronization etc. But then again, my wife always has a camera in her purse, so I really have no need for video recording on my phone anyway.

And SMH to all of you virgins flirting with a girl on a smartphone forum.
    It's all about bottom line dollars. And guess what most consumers care about? VIDEO RECORDING!!! That's gonna sell a hell of a lot more than any other feature. As much as I'd like to think only smart people bought smartphones, your aunt Judy and your Grandma Ethel are also buying them these days. Things like SDK, copy/paste, and other options don't mean crap to them. BUT VIDEO........VIDEO CAN RECORD THEIR GRANDSON PLAYING OR THEIR NEPHEW GRADUATING!!!

I think you get my point. I, too, would like the nerdy and utilitarian updates that you desire, but I know those are coming. I could care less about video, but kudos to Palm for releasing something the majority of average consumers demand instead of forcing them to wait for Palm Pre II.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    You forgot about the virtual landscape keyboard.
    Who needs that, when you have mms...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Reminds me of the treo600 - a free 3rd party app (movierec?) came out a few months after release.
    Aah yes, MovieRec. Those were the days. <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Everyone I know uses the video feature on their phones for ONE THING and one thing only... and I think you all know what I'm talking about...
    All these folks take videos of my grandkids??? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post

YouTube - leave perez alone
    can anyone confirm when this video recording will happen?
    Yea, lack of video capture has been irksome. If this is true. Awesome.
    i want video camera .
    first of august..where is this video camera now?

im just being difficult, i imagine its coming sometime soon (would be stupid not too) but i dont think its coming quite yet. Palm prove me wrong!
    the sooner the better
    i think they are doing all the big releases till October if im correct. I read that somewhere here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    This will be launched at the same time or just after the release of the SDK which should be somewhere around the first of August.
    well i hope this is true....bc it is the 1st week of august!!!
    +1 to the fact that you never know when you're gonna need to record some video. Remember the execution of Saddam Hussein? The only video we got of that came from a cellphone video recording. Serious business here....
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast