Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    at all those pervs.

A video camera is always good to have though. With my old phone, I used to take videos of my dog doing funny things and send it to family members. I was kind of disappointed that the Pre doesn't have it, especially when such simple phones have it.
    The real question is, will we be able to do things like take video and then upload them directly from our phone to places like facebook or youtube, or maybe even TwitVid? If so, I could see myself using it quite a bit for more day-to-day things. I generally don't like to have to take a video, go home, hook my phone up to the computer, transfer the vid, upload it to youtube, etc. Too much hassle. If they integrate native uploading for various video services, it will be pretty sweet.
    Only reason I still carry a Centro in my other pocket is for the video recording...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    The real question is, will we be able to do things like take video and then upload them directly from our phone to places like facebook or youtube, or maybe even TwitVid? If so, I could see myself using it quite a bit for more day-to-day things. I generally don't like to have to take a video, go home, hook my phone up to the computer, transfer the vid, upload it to youtube, etc. Too much hassle. If they integrate native uploading for various video services, it will be pretty sweet.
    I'd like to think that if that feature is available for Pics from the camera, it would be for video too...When do we get to add our youtube profile to snyergy and the PRE??
    I find video recording capability in a phone to be very important for keeping law enforcement officers in check. I'm not joking.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Via some fairly high placed people at Sprint and with confirmation of the rumors from the Palm rep I spoke with yesterday, I bring you video camera capability.

This will be launched at the same time or just after the release of the SDK which should be somewhere around the first of August. One thing that is not sure is whether this will be a 3rd party app or a Pre native app. Either way, good news.
    Thanks for the info, but I would like to see this straight from the source. I haven't seen anything official confirming this yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    I find video recording capability in a phone to be very important for keeping law enforcement officers in check. I'm not joking.
    x2. Video proof of anything is gold.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    It's funny, but the reason stated why they didn't include it at launch was that they wanted something big to announce in conjunction with the SDK. More press, I guess.... ah poetry.
    You know what would be really great to announce at the launch of the SDK . . . TETHERING, real freakin' tethering!! (Sorry, my one gripe, and a great way for Sprint and Palm to stand out, if they don't over price it.)

Cheers
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazntino View Post
    Virtual landscape keyboard on a Palm Pre? I'd rather have them develop a new phone design if not different similar in size but tweek the slide out keyboard.

As the keyboard slides out vertically; afterwards an option to rotate or 'swing' the vertical keyboard to the left as it ends up vertical towards the now 'landscaped positioned screen of the phone.' I'm very good at my descriptions, but I hope this is clear enough.
    Palm is having "build quality" issues as it is. I can only imagine the problems the design you are suggesting might cause. (I don't mean to challenge the idea. I think brainstorming often leads to good ideas.)

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    How is it that I am accuracy challenged? I provided the exact way they would take care of their customers and they changed their mind on a full Premier customer party. Sounds like Sprint was accuracy challenged.

Either way, I heard from the same people last week that a video camera would be forthcoming, but I waiting until I had confirmation from Palm before posting here. Trying to cover my bases.

Besides, is Video capability that big of a stretch?
    Pogey, this is so much fun! I can just imagine the Sprint and Palm execs leaking the Friday Premier launch to you (and secretly having already decided they were going to "change their minds"). These dudes are messing with your mind! I'm sure your story will be close to correct, but they're likely to put a "twist" on it just to 'dis you again! I present a challenge for you: get them to make some "fuzzy, bad videos" showing the video recording feature in action. And you need to predict in advance when and where these fuzzy videos will show up!

If they pull the lame strategy of trying to sell video recording as a separate feature, I for one won't buy it. That would just be a "bad move" on Palm's part, and most of us will just wait for the open source program that will do the same thing only better (and at the price it should be).

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    Lotta run ins with law enforcement?
    Everyone I know uses the video feature on their phones for ONE THING and one thing only... and I think you all know what I'm talking about...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Pogey, do you know when the Pre will be available on Sprint.com?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimleng View Post
    I only have one thing to say about this:

phone with one new feature > phone with no new feature

THAT IS ALL
    phone with one new feature < phone with one new, more useful feature

Video recording is nice to have, but there's so many other things that I'd rather see first, such as true copy/paste, sdk, actual options for e-mail, smoother scrolling, selective contact synchronization etc. But then again, my wife always has a camera in her purse, so I really have no need for video recording on my phone anyway.

And SMH to all of you virgins flirting with a girl on a smartphone forum.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    This will be great to see as standard on the phone.
    I found this in the online chapter of the WebOs book by Mitch Allen - and I wonder what he means when he says that "Video and audio capture is not supported in the initial webOS...but it is inherently supported by the architecture. Does that mean it can be created as an app or an update to the WebOS? Or not?
    developer dot palm dot com / faq.html
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    And SMH to all of you virgins flirting with a girl on a smartphone forum.
    SMH @ U Being 2 lazy 2 type shake my head out.

But seriously though...internet anonymity.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It better be at least VGA @ 30FPS, if not, everybody go home.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    x2. Video proof of anything is gold.
    tell that to Rodney King
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I thought that this feature only mattered to 13yo girls. What are you going to be taking video of that is so important, but not important enough to bring a camcorder? Nearly every other phone I've owned has had video recording, but other than screwing around, I never used it once.

this is a rarely used feature, but a great addition!
    also, do you always carry your camcorder with you?

my guess, is no.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast