View Poll Results: What is your pre?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • A tool box with toys in it.

61 38.85%
  • A toy box with tools in it.

37 23.57%
  • Dude, it's just a really cool looking phone...

7 4.46%
  • A great way to maintain connectivity with the planet.

52 33.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i got hooked on the 755. with dataviz installed, i found that i could spend 70% less time at my desktop. it was ideal for work (machine shop) as i could create as many docs and spreadsheets at will as i needed. add the email, messaging, and that less than often used embedded phone and i was in toolbox heaven.

i also wrote three volumes of short stories on it. as soon as dataviz catches up to the pre, i'll be back in heaven again.

for me the pre is 90% tool, and 10% recreation.

i totally enjoy NOT being able to affect system notifications. i like the way that notifications slide into my life rather than blasting my train of thought away.

hence, the poll...
    For me its more about easily being able to text my friends/family, easy access to my email, and the browser. Coming from a Q9c, the browser on the PRE is GREAT!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    It is mainly a functional device, but I am loving the "fun" things I have discovered. That being said, as with the Treos, the toy aspect will pop in and out of my sphere of interest, but the tool box aspect needs to be solid for me to hang on.

Things are different, and I'm having to discover new ways of staying as productive as the Palm OS and its many 3rd party apps provided. So far the experience has been a success even if not quite painless.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I'm a tool. My Pre's just an addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I'm a tool. My Pre's just an addon.
    lol
    pre is a toy for adults its fun....makes work like play!...
    I was just thinking about this today. I barely even check my email at my computer anymore since I can do most of my Getting Things Done sorting immediately on the Pre. I'd pick the "tool" option, but really it's the fourth - my world-connecting device.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    looks like an even spread...
    I am getting my phone next Wednesday, so I went ahead and voted. For me it's a toy, with tools built in. It just looks like a great phone for what I want and the fact it has tools and such built in is a big bonus.
    tool. I am more often not at my desk as in front it. being able to work and stay connected while at a customer site working on their server is key for me.

Though the toy parts are fun too.
    Love it as a tool and toy equally.
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I think right now it's more toy than tool for me, maybe like 60/40. Once it gets apps like 'docs to go' running then it will be more of a tool.
    My Pre is a stud!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I think right now it's more toy than tool for me, maybe like 60/40. Once it gets apps like 'docs to go' running then it will be more of a tool.
    Man I was gonna say just the opposite. Wait until we get some games and I'll never be bored, but for now constant webbrowsing is keeping me entertained.
    For me it is both a tool and a toy...

Posted from my Pre...
    Definitely a swiss-army knife that I play with more than I work with!!
    its A great way to maintain connectivity with the planet for me, I LOVE MY PRE!
    Where is the "not in my hands yet, darnit" option?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    My Pre is a toy now with alot of functionality as well, but without alot of apps or MSN/Yahoo messenger, I'm afraid it can't be seen as a complete tool yet.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Definitely a toy until Good Messaging makes its way on it. Then it will be a tool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast