Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The Web link in the Launcher is useless. It only displays the first dozen of your bookmarks, and you can get to any URL or search much faster via Universal Search...

Wouldn't a direct link to your full Bookmarks list be much more useful? Has anyone found a way to add such a link to the Launcher?
    Okay, it doesn't take care of your question, but it's a step toward convenience.

What about your mobile bookmarks like http://my.xmarks.com/mobile/ ? It would give you access to all of your bookmarks and keep them synchronized. You can also make a mobile website folder so that you can go straight to the mobile enhanced sites that you like or use most.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, it doesn't take care of your question, but it's a step toward convenience.

What about your mobile bookmarks like http://my.xmarks.com/mobile/ ? It would give you access to all of your bookmarks and keep them synchronized. You can also make a mobile website folder so that you can go straight to the mobile enhanced sites that you like or use most.
    Thanks, but I'm not interested in syncing my mobile bookmarks with my desktop bookmarks. In fact, I definitely want to keep them separate because the sites are all formatted for one platform or the other. If Xmarks (or anyone for that matter) develops an app for syncing my Pre bookmarks with a page I can access online, I might become interested...

For now I'm just looking for a better way to get to my Bookmarks on the Pre. It seems odd that an OS called "WebOS" requires 4 steps to get there...
    Use xmarks to store your mobile sites in a mobile website folder. That way you have the best of both. You'll be able to keep your mobile sites organized and access them at anytime. It's a temporary fix, but it works.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Btw, http://my.xmarks.com/iphone/ works even better on the Pre than the mobile version.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    They definitely need to speed up getting to bookmarks. They also need grouping and display of all on the front page inste4 of the first 6 or however many there are. Not to mention speed things up and get rid of the checker board when scrolling. Fully caching my previous site would be nice as well.

The Pre has a lot of catchup to do in this area to the GS.
    Appreciate the reminder of xmarks for mobile. I use it for firefox to keep things synced on multiple computers.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    The Web link in the Launcher is useless. It only displays the first dozen of your bookmarks, and you can get to any URL or search much faster via Universal Search...

Wouldn't a direct link to your full Bookmarks list be much more useful? Has anyone found a way to add such a link to the Launcher?
    when you hit the web tab there is a page option to let you add the site to the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    when you hit the web tab there is a page option to let you add the site to the launcher.
    I've actually taken a whole page out of my 3 launcher pages and dedicated it to web links (favorites) only.

To add a favorite to your launcher simply visit the site you wish to add and click Web(top left corner) > Page > Add To Launcher.

From there you can give it a custom name and change the icon. When you save it, it will automatically put it as the last icon on your first Launcher page. From there you can move it to wherever you want it. This gives you unlimited bookmarks and one less touch-stroke (not having to go into web app first).

Hope this helps.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    Yeah, I know... but I want to add a link to the full Bookmarks list to the launcher.