1.    #1  
    How long do you think it will take until the next update? 1 week, 2 weeks or more?

and also do you think there will be anything huge on it? I feel like we wont see the video update or flash for a very long time. I hope they do optimize the OS in the mean time. like issues with battery, signal, aim, email, more options with synergy, etc.
    Since the first one came out the day before release day (June 5th) and then the next one was roughly 2 weeks later, I'd say another 2 weeks from now.
    no one knows
    Expect tweaks and small improvements for a few months. Probably every two weeks or so on the frequency.
    Supopsedly Yahoo Syncronization is supposed to be coming "in a few weeks" as per this story posted on the 8th: yahoo-coming-synergy-few-weeks

So maybe it'll be within two weeks and HOPEFULLY it'll have Yahoo IM!
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Oh God, please don't turn this forum into the PSP Updates forum where every other post is: "ZOMG!!!!!! WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE COMING?!?!?!"

That is why I left.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Oh God, please don't turn this forum into the PSP Updates forum where every other post is: "ZOMG!!!!!! WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE COMING?!?!?!"

That is why I left.
    You know you don't have to read every thread don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    How long do you think it will take until the next update? 1 week, 2 weeks or more?

and also do you think there will be anything huge on it? I feel like we wont see the video update or flash for a very long time. I hope they do optimize the OS in the mean time. like issues with battery, signal, aim, email, more options with synergy, etc.
    My understanding is that they are not bringing flash lite to the pre. Adobe is working on a full version FLASH that will work on symbian,win mobi, iphone,bb and pre. They said late this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    You know you don't have to read every thread don't you?
    Oh? So you would rather have this forum fill up with these type of posts every day? Sure, I completely understand. After about 10 more, you'll see what I mean.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post

That is why I left.
    then leave. I'm not, nor is anyone else gonna change what questions they feel like asking so you dont get in a bad mood and leave. Like another said. If you don't like it. Don't read it.

Edit: I understand you feel like some topics are unnecessary but everyone has their own opinion on what they want to read. There a many topics on the front page right now I wouldn't bother to read. Many questions that could be answered by using the search function. But you can't get mad about it man.
    Last edited by prefanatic; 06/21/2009 at 10:22 AM.
    I am definitely not as flustered as you think. I am just trying to say that asking questions that NO ONE is able to answer is silly. Go ahead and ask, I really don't care. I love the Pre so I am staying here. All I'm trying to do is save the forum from the onslaught of pointless threads, this turning out to be one of them.
    I hope its not as unstable as the the current one we just got, I keep having to power down to get things to work the right way every now and again, very annoying ... first no signal bars, now phone not retrieving mail as it arrives... what was the point of this update again?!?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    do you think the pre will come out in a bright yellow? or maybe a soft blue?

okay, joking - sorry dcoaster, couldn't help myself...

i agree by the way...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I hope its not as unstable as the the current one we just got, I keep having to power down to get things to work the right way every now and again, very annoying ... first no signal bars, now phone not retrieving mail as it arrives... what was the point of this update again?!?
    Tell me about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    3 weeks, 4 days, 13 hours and 27 seconds from..........NOW!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I've heard from inside sources that the next update will be pushed closer to the end of July. It will be a significant upgrade before the SDK is released (which may require an additional upgrade, based on what the final SDK looks like).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    nobody knows
    Quote Originally Posted by shoolace View Post
    I've heard from inside sources that the next update will be pushed closer to the end of July. It will be a significant upgrade before the SDK is released (which may require an additional upgrade, based on what the final SDK looks like).
    I'd say that the above makes the most sense to me for how the update timeline will go. But we have to realize everyones' answers are all speculation.
    I would HOPE they would push out frequent bug fixes rather than pulling an MS service pack debacle on it.