1.    #1  
    I'm coming from opera 9.5 on winmo. That browser has full rage of scrolling. Pre's browser requires you to scroll a bit in any direction before it starts moving the web content with your finger. I presume it is a feature to avoid moving slightly diagonaly when you intended to go straight in one direction. I really wish I could turn this off. It makes the browser seem laggy, because it needs you to scroll past the grid before you can move the web contents. It's also really frustrating when you want to scroll diagonaly. It will start scrolling straight up or down until you scroll enough in that direction to trigger the deactivation of the grid! I wish I could turn this feature off.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 06/21/2009 at 03:30 AM.
    The browser needs a lot of work as do many of the other programs. Looks like they are working on it hopefully the browser sees some love in the next patch.
    I can't speak for the Pre experience as it isn't out over here yet, but if it is worse than Opera 9.5 on my Touch Diamond then I'll shoot myself. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I find it virtually unusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    I can't speak for the Pre experience as it isn't out over here yet, but if it is worse than Opera 9.5 on my Touch Diamond then I'll shoot myself. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I find it virtually unusable.
    It's better than anything I ever used on winmo - the only thing i can see he's talking about is a slight delay when scrolling diagonally, who does that and why?? i like that it flicks straight up and down if i'm slightly off on my flick so i can keep reading in a straight line..
    Opera mobile is a bad experience on windows mobile which isn't saying much for other browsers on it
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Opera mobile is a bad experience on windows mobile which isn't saying much for other browsers on it
    Opera Mobile ran fine on my Touch Pro as did Skyfire and a few others. The one on the Pre is just much better at scrolling. I kind of liked how I could make a circle gesture around the d-pad to zoom in and out on Opera Mobile.
    You can see it on the Pre in this vid 6 minutes in... you gotta be scrolling fast to do it.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Yep, watching the iphone scroll with pictures not getting the grid made me sad that we are with the pre.

I am hoping this can be fixed with an update in the near future as palm cannot compete with iphone at this rate. Updates need to come asap or they won't have much of a chance before 30 day trials are up and people jump **** due to lack of features.