Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There seems to be a bit of complaining so I thought we should lighten things up a little bit:

All in the thread title- What is the one biggest feature your old phone had that the Pre doesn't?

Personally I miss the 'genius' feature from the iPhone, it made my bus rides a little more enjoyable coming back from work.
    -Flash Support
    -Tethering
    I come from Windows Mobile and this is a hatd one to find. Personally, the only thing I miss about WM is that there are 1000s of free apps out there for it. They in a few year no dought will be too. As for anything else... Nope, nothing.
    Notification light maybe, although i'm not really missing it lately. OH! Ringer selection!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I know this seems pretty pointless but i miss visual voicemail. though with the settings i have for my voicemail box its not so bad but i hated having to listen to the time date and phone number everytime i had a voicemail.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the D-pad. I never realized how much I relied on up, down, left, and right buttons, until I got my pre.

although...would at&t count as something I miss from my old phone? :P
    not their prices, but their coverage and the fact it's GSM.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    All of the stuff I miss from my Centro will probably be on the Pre by the end of the year.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Spell check!
    Kyocera 2345 -> Nokia 6225 -> Sanyo Katana -> Motorola Q -> HTC Mogul -> Palm Pre
    I miss my handmark express app from my 755p
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    There seems to be a bit of complaining so I thought we should lighten things up a little bit:

All in the thread title- What is the one biggest feature your old phone had that the Pre doesn't?

Personally I miss the 'genius' feature from the iPhone, it made my bus rides a little more enjoyable coming back from work.
    I miss that blackberry push email and OBEX exchange via bluetooth!!!
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LACERZ View Post
    Spell check!
    yes that too!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Google Transit
    oh! Being able to hit "publish to facebook" from any photo. This one was great. .
  14. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    I miss my handmark express app from my 755p
    ^I'm with ya on that one... I missed it too at first, but you can use a few of the apps in the App Catalog to replace it.

All of these are available in the Palm App Catalog:

For News - AP (associated press) News app
    For Movies - Flixster is what I use, but there is also a Fandango app available.
    Driving directions - Sprint Navigation (Comes already on the Pre)
    Stock Ticker - Express Stocks (actually from Handmark themselves).
    Weather - AccuWeather app

Other than that, I kinda miss my Pocket Quicken program I had for my 755p for personal finance tracking. Maybe I should look into getting the Classic app .
    I miss the video recording, the google map options (save locations, street view and location) and tethering.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Still on my Instinct, so I think I will miss the Visual Voicemail, Video, MSN IM, Live Search, and Voice Activation. Love the one button push on my BT earpiece and saying what I want the phone to do.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ¡ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    1. Video Recording
    2. Colorized Calendar Categories
    3. Being able to hang up through my cars BT
    1. Sending SMS to multiple recipients, or forwarding messages. You have no idea how many times I've had to retype messages because I want to send them to more than one person, the message failed sending, or I'd accidentally sent it to the wrong protcol (ie via Google Talk instead of SMS, or vice versa).

2. Setting notification ringtones (namely text messages). It'd be nice to distinguish between texts, new mail, low battery, etc..

Not many complaints besides those two. I had a Samsung A300 before my Pre, lol (one of Sprint's cheapest phones, for those of who who don't know...) At least both things will be fixed on updates eventually.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    My sling player... I beta tested for Sling Media and received a free license... Just waiting for the Pre which actually might be quite a while for a client to utilize my free license...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    visual voicemail
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast