Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    Granted I had it plugged into the usb port at the time, but my hands were no where near the plug, they were definitely on the keyboard. It happened twice tonight.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Granted I had it plugged into the usb port at the time, but my hands were no where near the plug, they were definitely on the keyboard. It happened twice tonight.

    Get the f out of here. You mean a little static shock?
  3. #3  
    LOL I thought he meant shocked with expression I didnt know he meant literally lol
  4. Drybonz's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have to say that I have, in fact, not been shocked while typing.
  5. #5  
    lmao i just tried this... my pre is hooked up to my computer as a usb drive and i type on the keyboard and i felt a couple sharp "shock-like" stings... wierd...
  6. #6  
    LMAO I'm trying this as we speak
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    Get the f out of here. You mean a little static shock?
    Yeah, well it wasn't exactly little. The second time I dropped my phone.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  8. #8  
    Look carefully at the screen while the shocking is happening. There is a subliminal message from Dan Hesse trying to erase your mind of any thoughts of returning the phone to the store! This hypnosis lasts for 30 days. ;-)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Yeah, well it wasn't exactly little. The second time I dropped my phone.
    Not good. Maybe it is an unannounced and buggy (should not have shocked the owner) security feature!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Granted I had it plugged into the usb port at the time, but my hands were no where near the plug, they were definitely on the keyboard. It happened twice tonight.
    I had an incident with a shock, but not from the keyboard... See my thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...cal-shock.html
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  11. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #11  
    Note to self: Don't use keyboard while plugged into USB port.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Note to self: Don't use keyboard while plugged into USB port.
    LMAO! This thread cracks me up!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    Not good. Maybe it is an unannounced and buggy (should not have shocked the owner) security feature!
    lol That would be awesome.
  14. #14  
    Maybe it is the crab people. CRAB PEOPLE CRAB PEOPLE...
  15. #15  
    Never use it while taking a bath with it plugged in
  16. #16  
    Is this really true? If so, LOL.
  17. #17  
    It's Apple. They figured out how send high voltage charges to Pre owners. You should only use the Pre under a highly insulated dome of protection

  18. #18  
    I've been typing on my keyboard plugged into the usb port since I got the phone with no ill effects.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    It's Apple. They figured out how send high voltage charges to Pre owners. You should only use the Pre under a highly insulated dome of protection

    LOL...I guess that's my payback for adding all those iphone web apps to my phone. "Bad Sukiyaki!! iphone only!!"


    Thanks for laugh, everyone!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  20. #20  
    Ok, now for some actual reason for the shock, are you seating on top of one of those plastic mats? They generate static electricity, and since the phone is grounded to the computer, you get discharged through it. Poor phone actually, it is the one that is really getting shocked!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions