Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Ok, now for some actual reason for the shock, are you seating on top of one of those plastic mats? They generate static electricity, and since the phone is grounded to the computer, you get discharged through it. Poor phone actually, it is the one that is really getting shocked!
    Yes, I do have one of those mats to protect the carpet. I didn't know that would cause this. I learn something new everyday. I don't remember if it every happened to me using the treo or not, but my treo was only ever connected to hotsync, which I didn't do often.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  2. Eltaco's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #22  
    Everyone needs to live in Faraday cages.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
  3. #23  
    I tried this and my phone is just fine!
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #24  
    I'm shocked that the keyboard is so damn good!!
  5. #25  
    You experienced static shock. This is because the USB port is grounded and your phone is doing exactly what it is designed to do. USB is 5volts, 500mAh max. Not enough to even feel, unless maybe a slight tingle on your tongue. The battery is ~1200mAh at 3.7 volts. Even if you combine these two together, you do not have significant charge to cause a shock. Static electricity generated from your body, can be much higher, and having the Pre grounded makes it an excellent escape route for that charge.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Maybe it is the crab people. CRAB PEOPLE CRAB PEOPLE...
    Taste like crab, look like people.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions