1.    #1  
    The Palm Pre Tips & Tricks PDF Version 1.5 is now available in the Hardware/Use/Trouble Shooting Forum.

New Highlights:
    * Now with nearly 200 Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features in five pages
    * How to send a text to multiple recipients
    * Missing Basic Features
    * Protecting your Pre
    * How to see what software releases you have, memory available, real signal strength in dbm, etc.
    * How to cut out a section of an mp3 to make the perfect ringtone.

Thank you for your dozens of new posts and private emails with ideas. It has been amazing.

I will be off the grid for the next 10 days before I can update again but keep the tips coming!

- Craig
    Why does this version say "no work around" for bold and italics. I can do that on my pre for editable text via SYM + B and SYM + I respectively.

The SYM + I is a bit flakey because it is the default for the accented , but you can italicize if you do SYM + I then touch the blank symbol that shows up at the end of symbol list. Like I said, flakey...but it is a work-around.
  3.    #3  
    I had gotten that idea sent to me this week but tried and tried but could not get it to italicize. I will try it again. I also cannot get the Pre to display bold or italics sent to the email form the outside. Can you see bold or italics sent to you?

- Craig
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Why does this version say "no work around" for bold and italics. I can do that on my pre for editable text via SYM + B and SYM + I respectively.

The SYM + I is a bit flakey because it is the default for the accented , but you can italicize if you do SYM + I then touch the blank symbol that shows up at the end of symbol list. Like I said, flakey...but it is a work-around.
    With some practice, just about everyone should be able to get the italics to work so I will add it to V1.6.

Thank you!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Under the Calendar section the following is listed:

New Entry - To start a new entry, press the new entry button.

I don't have a new entry button. Why Not?

TIA
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    Under the Calendar section the following is listed:

New Entry - To start a new entry, press the new entry button.

I don't have a new entry button. Why Not?

TIA
    The new entry button is the little plus sign [+] button that shows up on the lower-left of the screen.

In the PDF, you can see what the button looks like.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It's not there. I have this button for Tasks and Contacts but not the Calendar.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    It's not there. I have this button for Tasks and Contacts but not the Calendar.

Jeff

Same here... no button for calendar.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Same here... no button for calendar.
    same here.