Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    The Palm Pre Tips & Tricks PDF Version 1.5 is now available in the Hardware/Use/Trouble Shooting Forum.

    New Highlights:
    * Now with nearly 200 Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features in five pages
    * How to send a text to multiple recipients
    * Missing Basic Features
    * Protecting your Pre
    * How to see what software releases you have, memory available, real signal strength in dbm, etc.
    * How to cut out a section of an mp3 to make the perfect ringtone.

    Thank you for your dozens of new posts and private emails with ideas. It has been amazing.

    I will be off the grid for the next 10 days before I can update again but keep the tips coming!

    - Craig
  2. #2  
    Why does this version say "no work around" for bold and italics. I can do that on my pre for editable text via SYM + B and SYM + I respectively.

    The SYM + I is a bit flakey because it is the default for the accented , but you can italicize if you do SYM + I then touch the blank symbol that shows up at the end of symbol list. Like I said, flakey...but it is a work-around.
  3.    #3  
    I had gotten that idea sent to me this week but tried and tried but could not get it to italicize. I will try it again. I also cannot get the Pre to display bold or italics sent to the email form the outside. Can you see bold or italics sent to you?

    - Craig
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Why does this version say "no work around" for bold and italics. I can do that on my pre for editable text via SYM + B and SYM + I respectively.

    The SYM + I is a bit flakey because it is the default for the accented , but you can italicize if you do SYM + I then touch the blank symbol that shows up at the end of symbol list. Like I said, flakey...but it is a work-around.
    With some practice, just about everyone should be able to get the italics to work so I will add it to V1.6.

    Thank you!

    - Craig
  5. jhibbs's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #5  
    Under the Calendar section the following is listed:

    New Entry - To start a new entry, press the new entry button.

    I don't have a new entry button. Why Not?

    TIA
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    Under the Calendar section the following is listed:

    New Entry - To start a new entry, press the new entry button.

    I don't have a new entry button. Why Not?

    TIA
    The new entry button is the little plus sign [+] button that shows up on the lower-left of the screen.

    In the PDF, you can see what the button looks like.

    - Craig
  7. jhibbs's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #7  
    It's not there. I have this button for Tasks and Contacts but not the Calendar.

    Jeff
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    It's not there. I have this button for Tasks and Contacts but not the Calendar.

    Jeff

    Same here... no button for calendar.
  9. Stay Suh's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Same here... no button for calendar.
    same here.

Posting Permissions