1.    #1  
    So I know we are all aware of the calendar issues...the lag time, the general slowness...etc. Is anyone else having trouble even getting their calendar to show on the screen today? Mine seems to stay grey or sometimes goes white but none of the events appear. I use my calendar for everything and I have plenty of events daily so this is a nightmare. When it's working "properly", my general wait time is anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute just to see or edit an event.

We all know the Treo's were basic but so easy and so quick. I sure hope Palm addresses this one and fast. Afterall, if they want the business market with the Pre, a fast easy calendar is such a must!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    No problem here. Is this reoccurring? I'm wondering if it is just a matter of hitting your calendar while it was syncing (my apologies if that is just plain ignorant thinking).
  3.    #3  
    I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately its not the case. Hopefully it gets better soon! I love this darn phone!
    what?? damn, something is up with your Pre because my calendar seems to work fine. Little lag here and there but it works well.

I use my calendar for all my tasks and daily events too.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Do you have overlapping events on your calendar today, or an all-day event? If you are displaying more than one calendar, try turning all them off except for one. I have had similar problems, but when I got rid of all-day events and displayed only one calendar I was fine. I had overlapping events on my wifes calendar and it apparently didn't like that. I've spent extensive time on the phone with Palm illustrating these issues.
  6.    #6  
    No all day events--many overlapping. I guess I will spend a night re arranging some things and try what you said. Can't hurt! Thanks!
    Been having a similar experience since day one that does seem to be fixed now. Read this post to see if maybe the solution here would work for you.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I have the same problem. My screen greys out and freezes. Plus all my data has not transferred. I have had palm since the palm pilot. I have spent HOURS with palm tech level 2 support. They are aware of the problem for a small percentage of us and are working on it. My phone is going through a test run overnight and palm is calling me tomorrow at 1:30 EST to see if they were able to fix it. I will let you know. I have been VERY impressed with their tech support. They actually called me three times today!
    My calendar works fine... except that it is a bit slow. I have a TON of appointments, maybe that's causing the slight delay.

But I have another question...

If I put something on my Exchange calendar ... on the Pre... I have to make a second entry for the same event to put it in my personal gmail calendar? That's stupid. Why can't I assign one calendar entry to multiple calendars?

If Synergy combines duplicate contacts into one entry... WHY DOESN'T THE CALENDAR do the same thing?

No I have to go out of my way and take the extra time to update two calendars instead of one.

On my old Moto Q, the calendar would update with my exchange server and then hard-wire sync with my laptop... one calendar... one entry for events...

Anyone have a way to work around this incovenience?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I have the same problem....My phone is going through a test run overnight and palm is calling me tomorrow at 1:30 EST to see if they were able to fix it. I will let you know. I have been VERY impressed with their tech support. They actually called me three times today!
    I have been pleased with Palm tech support as well. So what exactly is this overnight "test run" you're doing? I am eager to know and hear their results...
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Wow - I have LOTS of all-day events...so many that I really don't think I can get rid of them. Anyone know of a workaround for this? Maybe that a fix is on the way?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I found a great alternative to the calendar (for me anyway) - I'm syncing my outlook with a "work calendar" I created in my Gmail. The google supplied sync tool works well and the mobile version of Gcalendar is pretty great on the Pre. Synergistic for me since the marriage of "work (the outlook one)" and "other" calendars all kept in Gcalendar is still the holy grail for moi.