View Poll Results: Does you significant other dislike you Pre?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they love it.

61 62.89%
  • No, they really hate it

8 8.25%
  • They can't figure it out at all.

4 4.12%
  • Take it or leave it.

24 24.74%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I don't let me s.o. use my phone :P
    There you have it. She's seen me demo Synergy, multitasking and Pandora and other than that, she can have her BB Curve.

This was my B-day present as well.
    My wife was a Pre hater. She made fun of me standing in line to get it, and she hated it every time I picked it up just to play with it.

Then something changed, and we had to get her one today, including the Touchstone she said was overpriced.

She has turned to the Dark Side.
    Well, after playing with my Pre for a week, my wife bought her own today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raegan76 View Post
    I *am* the wife and my husband could care less about the Pre. He's happy with his dumbphone and wishes they still made phones without cameras. I can't ever imagine him joining the smart phone community. I'm the gadget freak in this house....which is ironic since he works in IT and I'm a psychologist. Go figure.......
    Yeah for gadget freak wife Reagan!

My wife pretends not to care but she is really paying close attention.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    My wife just got her first smartphone (pink centro) a few months ago, and she loves it. It has taken her awhile to figure it out. She has been eyeballing my Pre lately. I picked up mint 16gig ipod touch ($50) for her today to use around the house for browsing. She is pretty stoked on it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I bought my wife an Instinct last July under the pretense that she would keep the phone for a month and then switch for my Treo since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until November. I couldn't drag it out of her hands now. I let her use my Pre briefly and she had major problems with the screen. She feels it does just what her phone's always done and has no use for multi-tasking, but she understands why I would like it.

But she loves the size and the way it feels, but she said the screen's too small.
    My wife has the white 16GB iPhone. It works well for what she does. She didn't even realize the Pre had a slide out keyboard until I showed her.
    A geek divorce:

sudo -s
    rm -f wife
    exit

-The End
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raegan76 View Post
    He's happy with his dumbphone and wishes they still made phones without cameras. .......
    Everytime i hear that phrase it makes me laugh......... And then want to throw something @ a wall
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    My Wife said she would never give up her BB curve. I like her phone but it has the same issue I have with my Instinct, browser is horrible. Hoping Pre hits firmware 2.0 or so by August when I can get a discount. Would love to see an iPhone on Sprint with a user replaceable battery. Pre will be the closest thing to that.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ¡ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    I would be the wife or S.O. in this picture, but I don't plan on ever getting married. I am more of a gadget freak than any of my friends. One of them keeps saying that he worries I will be the first to have a cyborg implant.

If I ever decide that I can tolerate another person for the rest of my life, he or she better like gadgets, because I almost always have at least one on my person.

The Pre has replaced my PSP for viewing video, although the PSP has a larger screen they look just as good on the Pre. Now if only it would support AVI's without me having to convert them to mp4. That's the one major thing I miss about my Treo, besides in browser flash support.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    My awesome wife stood in line with me for the Pre, we both got one. As a matter of fact, we were the only two to get it from Best Buy (that's all they got in)...she loves it. Pandora is her new love, I may be getting replaced. My only problem has been the issues with Classic, I need some of my old apps. She came from a 700p and I came from the 755p, we totally adore the WebOS, just want more apps to play with. But I'm trying to be patient, as is she.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My wife keeps saying that the PRE is a girlly phone. Deep inside, I think she wants one too, she just doesn't want to admit that. She keeps saying she loves her instinct, and that's all she needs.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am the wife as well and my husband could care less about his phone as long as it makes and receives calls...he casually texts now but that's the extent of his desire. I, on the other hand, am a gadget freak and he just smiles and shakes his head at me over my Pre. He's learning...haha.

Maybe someday I can get him to go with a Pre...until then, I'll be the one Fandango-ing movie times, checking the weather, and letting him know what the sports scores are.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am the wife as well and my husband could care less about his phone as long as it makes and receives calls...he casually texts now but that's the extent of his desire. I, on the other hand, am a gadget freak and he just smiles and shakes his head at me over my Pre. He's learning...haha.

Maybe someday I can get him to go with a Pre...until then, I'll be the one Fandango-ing movie times, checking the weather, and letting him know what the sports scores are.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12