1.    #1  
    I've gotten so much good information from the precentral.net forum and I really don't have much to give back - you all are a week ahead of me on figuring this thing out!

So, I was glad to see someone asking for an icon in another thread. Hey! I can do that!

I'm going to take it one step further. As a Father's day gift, for everyone that sends me an image by midnight June 21, 2009; I will customize a prprpr&#$275$; $icon$ $with$ $your$ $desktop$ $on$ $it$.

Since my instructions require some links, they will follow in the next post.

Joe
  2.    #2  
    Here's what you do:

1. Take a screen shot of your prprpr&#$275$; $desktop$.
    2. This is important: rename it something unique that you will recognize.
    3. Mail it to me at preicon@atomickc.com

That's it.

As soon as I'm done, I'll post the finished .ico files on www.atomickc.com/files/pre_icons. I'll post a notification here that they are ready. The icon will go all the way up to 256x256 so it'll look nice and crisp on the desktop.

A few simple rules:

1. The contest is open only to those with an active precentral.net forum account and who currently have a prprpr&#$275$;. $I$'$m$ $not$ $going$ $to$ $check$, $so$ $if$ $you$'$re$ $a$ $lurker$, $just$ $be$ $cool$ $and$ $register$.
    2. The graphic must be a screengrab directly off of your prprpr&#$275$;. $I$ $don$'$t$ $care$ $what$ $your$ $desktop$ $image$ $is$ - $if$ $it$'$s$ $nudie$ $pics$ $of$ $Estelle$ $Getty$, $good$ $for$ $you$.
    3. If you are offended by nudie pics of Estelle Getty, don't look at other peoples icon files.
    4. I can't stress this enough: choose a unique filename that you will recognize. That is what your .ico file will be named. If I get duplicate filenames, the latest one will overwrite the previous one(s). I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    5. I may or may not make icon files from desktop images received after midnight June 21, 2009. Depends on how busy I am, I'm not promising anything.
    6. I have to write a script to do this, and I have a big job starting next week. I should be able to knock them out quickly, but if it ends up taking too long, I'll gladly refund 100% of your purchase price, less shipping and handling.
    VII. If you're using the factory desktop, just use the icon I attached to the other post.

Your email address is private and confidential, blah-blah-blah, etc. etc.

Happy Father's day, and thank you to the precentral.net community for helping me get into the 21st century, telecommunications wise!

Joe
  3.    #3  
    In my "rules", I didn't think to specify only one icon per customer. I figured I might have a few dozen to a few hundred to do.

What I didn't expect was for only one person to take me up on the offer! So, Mark; both your icons are at Index of /files/pre_icons with my compliments!

I'll leave that email account active for a while - if you stumble across this thread and want a custom icon, send me an email. If I get a minute to knock it out, I'll send you an icon back.

Hope you all had a great weekend and, if possible and applicable, told Dad how much he means to you!

Joe
    You might want to close your connection down. Anyone can browse through your files. If this is what you wanted, then okee dokey. If not, just a friendly heads up.
    Hey admin, you may wanna toss this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Hey admin, you may wanna toss this thread...
    OP was thanked by Deiter Bohn... grand puba of PreCentral... don't think they will "toss" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    OP was thanked by Deiter Bohn... grand puba of PreCentral... don't think they will "toss" it.
    i mean until they figure out if he wanted to be so exposed.
    I *think* it's alright, wasn't able to get up in the directory - just has files listed for that directory...
  9.    #9  
    DOH!!!!

Thanks guys. That used to be locked down. Don't know what happened - but got my .htaccess set back where it should be.

Thought I felt a draft....

Joe