1.    #1  
    how come it doesnt tell me what state is calling from or to?is there a setting for this?
    eh? I've never heard of this before. Do some phones do this?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    My old Centro did this. If someone not already in my Contacts called, it showed me the state they were calling from
    My centro never showed a state. I was on Verizon. Is this a Sprint thing or did you install software which did this?
  5.    #5  
    all of my sprint phones for the last 6years have.htc touch,samsungs,sanyos,lg,sanyos.
    what palm a no go on that feature?
  6.    #6  
    never installed anything.standard on the phone
    Sprint has done it for a while pretty exclusively I think. Either receiving or dialing a number that wasn't in the contact list would trigger the state name to display. I think my Sanyo 8100 (remember, the one with a cam!) did it first. A neat feature, but definitely only a "nice-to-have" for me. I think it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate that into the current phone app, especially with a simple area code to state translation list somewhere on the Pre, and a small hack or two to the phone app. Fun - a weekend project.
    It's just a feature that some phones have and others do not. I've only seen it on my touch, which only happened for dialing out - which was useless to me, I'd prefer to see the state of incoming calls.
    yeah, my treo did it too, i even added an app to it that showed what city they were calling from as well.
    The iPhone 3.0 update added this feature to the iPhone
    I have had 4 sprints phones over the years and all but the pre have done this.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    The iPhone 3.0 update added this feature to the iPhone
    The iPhone has had the feature for a while now- even before the latest update.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have to agree, my Sprint phones have always displayed the State information for any number not in my contacts.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The last phone that I owned that did this was an LG Fusic. My Curve didn't do it and neither does the Pre. Don't really care if it's there or not.
  15.    #15  
    it happens to be a very good feature when doing business with clients from out of state.you would think that the palm pre would have it along with sprint.this phone does alot with calander events and appts and Scheduling.you would think it would display out of state calling?when my sanyo 4500 had it back in the day!
    My instinct did
    Yeah I had Sprint since I was in high school (I now have graduated from college and moving on to graduate school) and all of my Sprint phones have done this.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    it happens to be a very good feature when doing business with clients from out of state.you would think that the palm pre would have it along with sprint.this phone does alot with calander events and appts and Scheduling.you would think it would display out of state calling?when my sanyo 4500 had it back in the day!
    Exactly! I currently have a Samsung Rant but I am ordering the Pre this week for my personal phone. The Rant is my corporate paid for cell phone and it is nice when customers call so I can figure out which one it is before I answer.
    Go here - I think this is what you want - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...95#post1740795
    Not all of us are Linux geeks, so a "solution" that requires rooting the phone hardly seems like the answer.

I find this feature (which has been on all my Treos) quite useful. If an incoming call is from, say, Alabama, I can look at it, realize I don't know anyone in Alabama, and let it go to voice mail.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.