Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I can't get my pre or my PC to see one another. I'm running windows 7 x64 and I've gotten both to work with my jawbone.
    I'm with Dano, I can't even get Ubuntu to connect to the Pre via Bluetooth. It see's it in the list of devices and then when I try to connect it takes a while before it just stops with "Pairing Cancelled." Bleh.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm getting the auth error too and I don't even know what I did to get it. My M1 was so easy to tether even without the PAM plan.
    This is the only thing holding me up from getting the Pre. So, the sooner there is a for sure way to do this the better.
    This is what will make the Pre a sweet deal, a lot of us are itching for tethering. Fortunately, I THINK I have what is my MSL code. I had a really hacked together plan so when I went to the store to get my Pre, the owner of the store had to call sprint to get the "master reset code" because my phone wouldnt register, as he repeated it to the rep I made sure to write it down. Is it like 6 or 8 numbers long, starts with a 9?
    And what I find interesting is that the Pre supports Bluetooth PAN at all. As I had understood it prior to launch, the Pre was only going to support headsets, not "advanced" Bluetooth functions. So, this is great news in general, as far as I'm concerned.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It doesn't matter if Sprint supports it or not. I have the Sprint SEP with my Instinct. I can tether all day long via usb or bluetooth. I have had it for months now and neither sprint nor samsung has done anything to stop it.
    I called Sprint, told them I needed the MLS to reset the phone, and they gave it to me, but I did not even need it. I am using a Mac runnning 10.5.7 and when adding the Pre via bluetooth it adds PAN networking, I connected with no errors, but I did have to manually enter the DNS servers, I used OpenDNS, and I am now getting connected. It is is slow right, but it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
    I called Sprint, told them I needed the MLS to reset the phone, and they gave it to me, but I did not even need it. I am using a Mac runnning 10.5.7 and when adding the Pre via bluetooth it adds PAN networking, I connected with no errors, but I did have to manually enter the DNS servers, I used OpenDNS, and I am now getting connected. It is is slow right, but it works!
    ...with the Pre's wifi turned off?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Somebody JailBreak this thing already!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Has anyone tried this under Classic using PDANet or USB Modem?
    It's actually the first thing I tried with Classic. I booted up USBModem, but when I tried to enable it told me I was not connected to a computer. Classic probably doesn't allow access to the ports.
    connect no problem, so it supports data BT connections. But Auth. Error as soon as it connects with WiFi off on the PRE.

SO CLOSE!!! Some needs to find the hack to open it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascco View Post
    It's actually the first thing I tried with Classic. I booted up USBModem, but when I tried to enable it told me I was not connected to a computer. Classic probably doesn't allow access to the ports.
    Well crap. Thanks for the info though, I guess I'm gonna sit the Pre out until it can be tethered.
    What does the MSL look like? A sprint rep gave me some code when I ported my number. The only options I had were changing my number and base station, but I didn't poke around too much. I was more concerned with getting the service up. Is there a way I can retrieve the keystrokes I entered with the rep. The hashcode to enter the base station settings was numeric, ##44# maybe, I can't quite recall.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    just called sprint, they said that under no circumstances would they give me the MSL because it's a Pre i would have to go have it checked out at the sprint store....bummer

onto next attempt
    Hopefully someone can take this info and use it to create a decent tethering app to make everything easier.
    Interesting. This indicates the phone and the Sprint backend must be able to support PAM: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Trolls Complained, but Sprint Responded: Hard of Hearing Get the Pre Too

If you are willing to carry two phones, this might be a good answer.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MmmmGuinness View Post
    This is what will make the Pre a sweet deal, a lot of us are itching for tethering. Fortunately, I THINK I have what is my MSL code. I had a really hacked together plan so when I went to the store to get my Pre, the owner of the store had to call sprint to get the "master reset code" because my phone wouldnt register, as he repeated it to the rep I made sure to write it down. Is it like 6 or 8 numbers long, starts with a 9?
    It could have been the MSID.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I think you can get an MSL pretty easily w/o having to call sprint.
    Yes now we need someone who's not afraid of bricking their phone to get their msl and start playing
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    got my msl and tried tons of stuff, but nothing is working...

if you want your msl just call sprint and tell them your internet isn't working. "follow instructions" until they give you a six digit number.

good luck
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast