1.    #1  
    I'm in what Sprint calls Good and Best (depending which address I use home or work) coverage guide for both voice and data. But at work I'm roaming maybe 90% of the time which sucks since its just 1x speeds. Every now and a again it will switch to EVDO full bars mind you but then in a minute it swaps back to roam 1x or no data roam both 5 bars.

This occurs inside my office or outside for that matter. And other people (not too many) have sprint phones and they are never in roam mode.

Even at home its starting to roam :-(

I did install 1.03 but didn't help not that I was excpecting it too since that feature or lacking feature wasn't covered.

Thanks hope to hear some info please :-)
    There is a post that I read just yesterday that maybe the answer to your problem. This is a temp fix until and update comes along, this sound lock in EVDO. Launch your dailer and dail ##3836# and select EDVO, hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    There is a post that I read just yesterday that maybe the answer to your problem. This is a temp fix until and update comes along, this sound lock in EVDO. Launch your dailer and dail ##3836# and select EDVO, hope that helps.

Thanks!

but I have tried that and no luck (didn't seem to do much?)

my concern is is -is this a Sprint Netwo / coverage issue OR a Pre design flaw? A local shop tested my Pre and the floor models and all seemed to fail some sort of RF test?

I really want to keep this little phone BUT....

thanks
    I have that problem at home and at work. But I drop calls when switching from EvDo and out, even If I still have bars, does anyone else have that?
  5.    #5  
    Yes I think when you go from roam to sprint it will drop (unless your going from Roam to Sprint and there is still roaming signal it will stay locked until you end the call - I assume)

Plus on my end many calls go strait to voicemail..

but again other Sprint phones seem fine and it happens inside a building or outside it.

If this is a "wide-spread" issue I would assume Palm would have addressed this in the past 1.0.3 update so maybe its just me?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm in Richmond Virginia and my wife and I lose more calls than we successfully send or receive.

The phone is cool, but I think I will have to give it back. Coming from Verizon, I guess I was spoiled -- we never dropped calls anywhere on the east coast.

While the phone totally rocks, I really only get to use the data side when using Wifi, and like I said, the voice part is almost as bad.

We've had the phones for about 10 days. I have actually left it in my car as it is pointless to carry it inside a store.

If this isn't worked out in the next 15 days, we are going to go to another carrier. I'm thinking Iphone and my wife really wants voice quality as a priority over gadgetry of Iphone or Pre.

My wife loves the Pre's gadgetry, but not at the expense of voice. She is thinking of going back to Verizon and wait on the Pre there.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneafriend View Post
    I'm in Richmond Virginia and my wife and I lose more calls than we successfully send or receive.

The phone is cool, but I think I will have to give it back. Coming from Verizon, I guess I was spoiled -- we never dropped calls anywhere on the east coast.

While the phone totally rocks, I really only get to use the data side when using Wifi, and like I said, the voice part is almost as bad.

We've had the phones for about 10 days. I have actually left it in my car as it is pointless to carry it inside a store.

If this isn't worked out in the next 15 days, we are going to go to another carrier. I'm thinking Iphone and my wife really wants voice quality as a priority over gadgetry of Iphone or Pre.

My wife loves the Pre's gadgetry, but not at the expense of voice. She is thinking of going back to Verizon and wait on the Pre there.
    You can enable the force roaming feature and achieve much better results. See my post above .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Thing is while i'm at work I don't need to hack my Pre since all I get is roaming - my big issue is that I was told we only get about 300mb of roaming data per month (or at least half of use must be on sprint) or Sprint will end your contract. PLUS roaming is only 1x data at least for my area.

I do thank you for your help though! And I don't really want to mod the linix layer of the phone.
    Your choices are limited. An amplifier from wilson antenna or some other edvo extenders would probably fix your issue but they cost $$ so you may not want to go there. An airwave won't fix data issues and you don't mention wifi so that may not be an option either. Unfortunately coverage isn't equal everywhere.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Your choices are limited. An amplifier from wilson antenna or some other edvo extenders would probably fix your issue but they cost $$ so you may not want to go there. An airwave won't fix data issues and you don't mention wifi so that may not be an option either. Unfortunately coverage isn't equal everywhere.
    I brought an old sprint phone to work and it had full coverage and never went to roam... Same as when at home? Do smart phones on sprint use a differant radio?