1.    #1  
    Its hilarious watching Pe and iPhone users go back and forth on internet. Whether it be on an article from gizmodo to engadget or on internet forums like this. Apple seems to have the most rabid fan boys though. some were saying Apple "invented" mobile apps today lol. Admittedly, some pre users are flaming too. Its hilarious to watch though. anyone else just look at articles on the Pre and scroll straight down to the comment section to read what people are saying?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Let the wars begon -sent from my Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Yeah I know what you mean. I have the iPhone 3GS (typing from it right now) but I s think that the Pre has serious advantages over it such as mutlitasking and synergy. I don't need multitasking or synergy though. The iPhone has a nice interface (so is the Pre's), a bigger screen, a crap load of apps (Pre SDK not coming till end of summer), and is a great multimedia device. The iPhone 3GS is a really minor upgrade. You can tell that it is because Apple fanboys count software features that come in OS 3.0 as if they were exclusive and new features. One of the most common... Copy and paste and a video camera. They also turn one feature into many... It has a touch focus camera, video camera, auto white balance, etc. The Pre is a great device but Palm needs to work out quality and software things first.
    Guilty. It is like watching at a schoolyard fight.
    Well...IMHO as a device, the iPhone 3G S bests the Pre. The quality of application / features on the iPhone are better and far more mature/polished in their development. That said, Palm has pulled a stunner in that the Pre ver 1 is almost on par with the iPhone version 3...i'd put the Pre just behind the iPhone. Palm really needs to get this on other US carriers before Apple does with the iPhone.

The other thing that irks me is the people claiming Palm FAIL because they can't match the iPhone numbers. Last time I checked, Apple was 60x's the market cap of Palm. In other words, Palm only needs a fraction of the iPhone numbers to be successful.

Estimates on launch day were about 100 - 150k units sold. I was put on a waiting list a week after launch for my wife's Pre; #80 on the list and the store manager told me there's still another 70 after me. I just received her's last night so in my estimates Palm has moved more than double the amount they had on launch day (my store is a high-selling store; 60 units on launch day). So I can see that Palm can get close to 500k units by end of this quarter....500k untis means more to Palm than 2 million iPhones to Apple.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    The other thing that irks me is the people claiming Palm FAIL because they can't match the iPhone numbers. Last time I checked, Apple was 60x's the market cap of Palm. In other words, Palm only needs a fraction of the iPhone numbers to be successful.
    Exactly, if the Apple fanboys want to claim that Palm failed because the numbers were nothing close to the iphone's numbers. I will remind them that Macs are still only around 10% of market share worldwide. So according to their logic, Macs have failed as well...and before they want to jump on me for being a Microsoft fanboy (they always assume you must be a fanboy of Microsoft if you say anything against Apple), I will remind them that I am typing this message on a MacBook Pro.

Anyway, I think fanboyism regardless of what company they woot for are idiots. It's the competition that drives things forward and if they are too blinded to point out the flaws of a product, there won't be any future improvements.

I buy and use devices because I am a fan of technology, not because they look hip or "I have to have it, cause they make it".
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    Anyway, I think fanboyism regardless of what company they woot for are idiots. It's the competition that drives things forward and if they are too blinded to point out the flaws of a product, there won't be any future improvements.

I buy and use devices because I am a fan of technology, not because they look hip or "I have to have it, cause they make it".
    Exactly, I don't get the hate from both sides. We have multiple PC and Apple products in our household. Our company uses both platforms in equal amounts. It's like any other tool, you use what works best for the job.