Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Anyone experiencing better battery issues with the new update? Please share. This will be my first day of new update usage so I will be follwing up later today. Proud 2 rock the pre!!!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    been 1.5 hours of phone off charger..no calls made and 100% battery
    Definitely seeing improvement after 1.0.3 update
    Interesting wording.... "better battery issues" ... lol, you mean less issues with battery life!

But yeah, today is my first full day with the update too, however it is also my first full day with this phone, I got a new one last night since the old one had issues.
    Two hours after taking it off the touchstone this morning I'm at 92%

No phone calls. Some web browsing. I'll be able to tell when I get to work next week.

I've been averaging about 20% left after working 8am - 5pm. I stream pandora alot during the day at work.
    My battery is draining slightly faster. I've been keeping track of my battery each day, and usually by noon I have around 85% left (my usage is about the same everyday). Right now with the 1.0.3 update I have 78% left. I wonder if its because of the more frequent google refreshes? They should just let us control that because I'd rather keep my better battery life....
    i had my pre off the touchstone for 4 hours now and a few sms, some email and 1 phone call and battery is still 100%.
    Way better battery life with the new update. Also the phone is more quicker feels like a new phone now, I am really happy with its performance.
    hard to tell.. i'm constantly online and use the phone so much that i have to recharge every few hours.
    battery life is probably improved because of this part of the update

"Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced."
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Much improved battery life for me. I was one of those having major battery issues. Maybe 4 hours of charge with everything turned off/down, draining @ 1% a minute if I was actually using the thing. I was carrying an expensive paperweight basically. Last night, after the update, went roughly 7-8 hours with moderate internet browsing and many SMSs and still had 50% battery or so when I came home. I've been seeing many people complaining about this update being of no/little value... well for me this update was HUGE in making the Pre a usable phone.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Maybe I missed something. Where's the "news"?
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I get 100% when I leave for work at 9 am, by 2 pm at 20% (before 1.0.3). I'll know more Monday when I get back to work. This was before shutting down IM, GPS and bluetooth
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    It's 1PM, been off the charger since 8AM. No phone calls, checking email and some text messaging. Now at 89%. Not bad!
    Little over 3 hours since taken off the TS. 86% That is with GPS on. AIM off. No phone calls. Moderate Web Browsing.
    Mine is as bad as always. I took it off this morning, sent 3 texts, took a shower, went to lunch, at lunch sent 10 or so more texts and maybe 5 min of phone calls. When I got home I was at 74%. Bad coverage is really a killer I guess.
    You are all blind fakeboys!! Its all a placebo for the love of GAWD, soylent green is peoplllllllllleeeeee!

Ya my battery is good too after the update.. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    Mine is as bad as always. I took it off this morning, sent 3 texts, took a shower, went to lunch, at lunch sent 10 or so more texts and maybe 5 min of phone calls. When I got home I was at 74%. Bad coverage is really a killer I guess.
    we need a better time frame.. i eat lunch at 11.... and sometimes at 2. morning could be 6am... or 10am.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    my phones battery is still doing aweful, but I think it's due to the horrible signal at my house.

I put my phone on airplane mode last evening, and 12 hours later, the battery only dropped 4%! That is excellent battery life.

I put my phone back to normal mode (wifi and BT on, but no GPS) and is has steadily been dropping 5% per hour, with absolutely no use at all. That does not seem very good to me.

I made a 5 minute phone call, and the battery dropped 4%!!

I am actually afraid to use the phone to do anything, because I might need to make a call later, and I must save the battery.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Took off Touchstone at 9:15am. It's now 12:25pm and I'm at 64%. Installed today's app updates (all of them), one short phone call, and some minimal browsing and Tweed work.

So, no improvement here. In fact, compared to some other tests, might even be a bit of a reduction in life...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast